BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 26d, 22h, 26m | CPU: 57% | MEM: 6015MB of 10816MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Identity Theft        Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:27 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Debian GNU/Linux 7.0
Last week I got a voice mail on my Vodafone NZ mobile phone, saying that someone is trying to sign me up for a 'Mega Billed Plan' on my prepaid mobile but they needed my pin. My dad said that he had spotted some of my 'friends' crank calling, I thought that It was some kind of dumb joke, however yesterday to my horror I had gotten a text saying I'm on the mega plan and 'Thank you for choosing Vodafone' Calling 777 I found that I'm am on the plan. My mum talked to vodafone and they said It was a glitch on there side and that I should not have been able to start the plan account without the PIN, but they won't put me on prepaid nor disclose the details of the account without the pin that I didn't even know I had. Without sorting the mess out I might even be billed :?

The PUK won't even help :|

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:55 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
MS DOS 7.1
Uh-OH! uhhmm... well, your screwed

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:03 pm 
Donator

You could change your SIM maybe if they bill you if that's not an option don't pay. But you should keep trying to explain it to them then maybe they will work out that you can't have signed up for it. I have a Telecom after my Vodafone screwed up thanks to a PUK code. The best thing though is to keep attempting to get prepaid. They can't keep you on if you didn't sign anything or agree to anything so use that to your advantage.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:55 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Debian GNU/Linux 7.0
It's all sorted out, I went to the Vodafone place, they said that because I'm under 13 I can't be on a plan so they had reset me to prepaid and they also gave me my pin.

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]