BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 10d, 4h, 30m | CPU: 24% | MEM: 2174MB of 3605MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: Identify This Power Connector, Please        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:08 am 
Donator

EDIT: I wish I knew how much power this thing uses. Anyone have any experience with touchscreens? On average, how much power a 12" panel would use? I'm just going to buy
one of these: http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea ... =SC1050-ND
and a power supply from: http://www.mini-box.com/s.nl/sc.8/category.13/.f if I don't have one laying around.

I bought this from eBay and I have no idea what this connector is called. It says the screen was likely mounted in a police car and that it runs on 10 - 40 volts DC. I'm sitting here wondering why there are three contacts if it were meant to run in a car. Does anyone know what this connector is called?

Getting a picture from my phone to here is a bit of a hassle so I'm hoping someone can just figure it out from the description. It's like a female PAL connector only with three holes in the center instead of one and it screws on.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:33 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Win XP build 2419 | Win7 and up
Is there any serial number on the touchscreen?
I think the connector has 2 voltages, 5 volt and 12 volt (5 for LCD/Touch and 12 for backlight)
Can you maybe give the link to the Ebay page?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:22 pm 
Donator

There is no manufacturer or model number anywhere on the case. I took the back off and it looks like someone has done a good job of putting some standard components together on their own. The panel is ELO. There is a DC/DC power supply inside that takes an input of anywhere between 10-40 volts along with another two PCBs and the panel itself. Only two of the conductors on the connector are being used. I was just hoping if someone could at least give me an idea about how much power this is going to use so I can find/buy a power supply for it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Identify This Power Connector, Please        Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:22 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
OS 7
We have ELO Touch Screens on POS Terminals @ work that use an external 12v Power Brick

maybe something like this:

http://www.elotouch.com/Products/LCDs/1247L/default.asp

If you can't prove it didn't happen then it must be true and you are probably part of the cover-up.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Identify This Power Connector, Please        Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:13 am 
FTP Access

Being as it was in a car, then it may be +12v, ground, and +12v switched (ignition/remote power on). If the device has some sort of volatile memory say for settings and such then it would need a perminent +12v supply and the +12v switch to turn the unit on and off. It more than likely only has an operating rating of 5-10amps provided there is not some type of power converter missing and it was wired directly to the car's loom in some way.

Top  Profile