BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 1d, 8h, 45m | CPU: 31% | MEM: 1888MB of 3119MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Unoffical BETAArchive IRC Channel        Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:31 pm 
Permanently Banned

Since the offical one has again, became dead, I have opened up an unoffical one.

The channel is removed (Yes, there ARE two sharp signs ##)

Even though this channel is unoffical, please also follow the forum rules on the channel. However, please take the following in mind:

* As it's realtime chat, you can paste links to external images, as they should work at the time of paste.
* This is a public chat room, anybody in the world is free to join, thus, think about what you say in there, about any URL's and server addresses you give out, and any copypasta you do. This includes any and all privileged server logins.
* Please don't beg for ops. This will likely lead to a ban.
* There shouldn't be many bans or quiets but if they are, adknowlege them. People who are no longer allowed at all would be placed on the akick list, and normal ircd bans will be cleared after time, so wait it out.
* If you have problems with any bans, etc, you can /msg an operator but op decision is final, going to freenode staff to have stuff changed will not help at all, as they will not intervine in channel matters.

If you are an admin or moderator, and you are registered with nickserv, /notice stitch and you will get operator flags.

If you are in the VIP group, /notice stitch and you can get honary voice flags to reflect that.

Once again, this is an unoffical channel and is not directly affiliated in BA in anyway.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:06 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
And the point of opening an unofficial IRC channel is what exactly? If our own isn't being used then any unofficial one surely isn't going to be used either.

Also, the name betaarchive is copyright and you have no right to use the name in any official or unofficial capacity without my prior written consent. You might think I'm being cocky, but I'm not. I'm simply protecting the site and stopping people from running any part of it themselves when they have no right to do so. The site and name belongs to me and you have no rights to that at all. As such I have removed the link to the IRC you posted and suggest people use the real BA IRC where the rules will be properly enforced and run by the forum moderators.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:14 pm 
Permanently Banned

Microsoft's software is copyrighted as well yet you distrubute it against the software license? Your point is...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:16 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Zimmy wrote:
Microsoft's software is copyrighted as well yet you distrubute it against the software license? Your point is...

My point is they're not stopping me. I'm asking you not to use the name when you have no right to do so. BA is growing and limits need to be set. Use another name if you like, but don't use the sites name when it has nothing to do with the site.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:24 pm 
Donator

Andy wrote:
Zimmy wrote:

My point is they're not stopping me. I'm asking you not to use the name when you have no right to do so. BA is growing and limits need to be set. Use another name if you like, but don't use the sites name when it has nothing to do with the site.

Just because they're not stopping you doesn't mean that you can do it. :^)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:26 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
This doesn't need discussing. I have made my point and explained myself. The betaarchive name is copyright and you have no right to use it without my permission.

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]