BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 24d, 7h, 27m | CPU: 19% | MEM: 5612MB of 11215MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who would you vote for, if you could?
Obama 70%  70%  [ 40 ]
McCain 18%  18%  [ 10 ]
Third Party (Nader, Barr, etc) 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
No preference 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 57
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:56 pm 
Donator

hmm I was kinda thinking of voting for Ron Paul but he didn't make the nomination.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:06 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
HP keystroke RPL
[Norway Report]: 72% are for Obama here, 7% for McCain and the rest undecided

Why anyone would vote yes on Prop 8 is beyond me.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:56 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 SP1
There was a massive line at my school today. Looks like most people around my neck of the woods are indeed voting for Obama.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:13 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
Barack Obama has just been elected the 44th President of the United States. History's just been made.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:32 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Whistler
I have the biggest smile on my face, I can't believe it.

A new chapter in American and World History. (H)

My Mark; Shall you RIP. 15/06/1960 - 11/04/2014

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:34 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2008 Standard
That quick? Wow. Obama won over 300 electoral votes(preliminary results) and it shows. I think he can and will make his promises a reality.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:36 am 
Donator

Surprise! Well, not really. CNN was just talking about how 22 nations were polled and every single one voted Obama 3 or 4 to 1.

Of course Obama spend about a billion [censored] dollars on his campaign.

Some idiot on CNN was saying how America is better because 8 years ago we voted for George Bush and now we're going such a different way with Obama... about how flexable American's are, like they're any different than people in other places; asses with their "better than everyone else" mentality making us all look like jerks.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:32 pm 
Donator

darn obama won :cry:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:09 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
HP keystroke RPL
zamadatix wrote:
darn obama won :cry:

lol

Here's a Zina Saunders picture:

And wtf no election pics?
The Onion continues to be the most accurate american news source

Here's one from the McCain HQ:

To summarise that last 8 republican years:
The US was attacked, this attack could possibly have been prevented had Bush not been so keen on playing golf on his Texas ranch.
Which was used as a wedge issue to start the Iraq War, which has killed countless civilians and thousands of US soldiers for no good reason whatsoever.
Bushs' economic policies are based on deregulating the market, a philosophy largely started by Ronald Reagan in the 1980's, today this lack of regulation is largely the cause of the subprime mortage and short-selling crises, and therefore also the global economic crisis.

I certainly hope America sees that capitalism only benefits the extremely rich and is based largely on screwing over as many poor people as possible for profits.

Edit: I found an image to illustrate reagonomics:

Last edited by longview on Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:30 pm 
Donator

Thlump wrote:
That quick? Wow. Obama won over 300 electoral votes(preliminary results) and it shows. I think he can and will make his promises a reality.

Let's hope so. I can see the next four years being great, or being awful. Only time will tell.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:59 am 
FTP Access

longview wrote:
Bushs' economic policies are based on deregulating the market, a philosophy largely started by Ronald Reagan in the 1980's, today this lack of regulation is largely the cause of the subprime mortage and short-selling crises, and therefore also the global economic crisis.

I certainly hope America sees that capitalism only benefits the extremely rich and is based largely on screwing over as many poor people as possible for profits.
Thank you. You don't blame the economic crisis on Bush nor Clinton, but who actually started this mess, and that being of Reagan, bless his soul.

You have to be the second person to state this.

Since January 2005, I've been in the Operating Systems Prototype Community. I've enjoyed learning more these past four years about the development of the Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as learning of new user-based projects that optimize system performance.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:35 pm 
FTP Access

I voted for Obama, but 66% of my city voted McCain (had no idea I lived with so many stupid sheeple).

Seriously, what's with people in this topic saying they're against gay marriage? What's with anyone saying that? [censored], as long as it doesn't affect you just shut the [censored] up. Discrimination (race, sex, sexual preference, nationality) is something I can't stand. If you're against gay marriage, or women's rights, or anything like that, then you're in the same group as KKK members and Nazi's.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:09 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 SP1
expert01 wrote:
I voted for Obama, but 66% of my city voted McCain (had no idea I lived with so many stupid sheeple).

Seriously, what's with people in this topic saying they're against gay marriage? What's with anyone saying that? [censored], as long as it doesn't affect you just shut the [censored] up. Discrimination (race, sex, sexual preference, nationality) is something I can't stand. If you're against gay marriage, or women's rights, or anything like that, then you're in the same group as KKK members and Nazi's.

Now, that is an overgeneralization. Some people oppose gay marriage because it destroys the fundamental building block of a society - the family.

Not everyone is as liberal as you may be.

At any rate, concerning this election, I am very happy that Obama won, even though I had no preferences. Indeed, a historic night for him and this country. But, whether or not he would really make a good president, remains to be seen.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:16 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Whistler
expert01 wrote:

First of all, I AM GAY, and second, I believe that marriage should only be between a man and woman, I have always been that way, I am not Religious, even though it is a Religious ceremony, but I just see it that way.

Thanks for calling me a KKK member and a Nazi, makes the years my grandparents fighting for life and fleeing to Australia just so much worth it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:46 pm 
Donator

Alexsis wrote:
expert01 wrote:

First of all, I AM GAY, and second, I believe that marriage should only be between a man and woman, I have always been that way, I am not Religious, even though it is a Religious ceremony, but I just see it that way.

Thanks for calling me a KKK member and a Nazi, makes the years my grandparents fighting for life and fleeing to Australia just so much worth it.

dont take things to harshly i mean relaly its only a forum... personally i dont care if two other people decide to hook up because i shouldn't have any power over that.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:50 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Whistler
I'm not taking it all that seriously, it's not the first time this type of comment has been made to me, mainly it happens in my RL, I just dislike when people take a stance so seriously as to call a person basically a KKK member or a Neo-Nazi just because one doesn't agree on the others feelings without knowing who/what that person is.

Last edited by IsaacD on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:59 pm 
Donator

well those groups didnt like gay marage... but no that doe'snt make you a member,most people will jsut say that because those groups ehre famous for alienating groups and (in there views) thats what your doing to the gays/lesbians. never get to angry in a forum as long as you respond nicely you'll find the other person will to and it prevents alot of anger and frustration (trust me)

im still sad obama won :/

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:05 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Whistler
Yeah I know that all too well.

Sorry about that, accidently made a mistype, should of been "not taking it all that seriously", not "taking taking it all that seriously", early morning. :P

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2