MCE 2005

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Jordan
FTP Access

MCE 2005

Post by Jordan »

I'm getting a nice MSI Theatre 550 Pro TV tuner plus a Microsoft remote for my PC. Now, this computer will be functioning both as the 'media center' (running Media Center on the secondary display, the TV), and my workstation.

I've tried Googling but I can't find straight answers/fixes to my questions:

1) The media center application has a habit of 'locking' my mouse to the second display and I have to hit the Windows key and it screws everything up for a minute. It'd be nice if this didn't happen.

2) I'm also reading that the mouse has to be 'in' media center for the remote to function, is this true / is there a fix?
Last edited by Jordan on Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bender
Donator

Post by Bender »

Moved to Hardware Support
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; mimic; rv:9.3.2) Clecko/20120101 Classilla/CFM
"Stupid can opener! You killed my father, and now you've come back for me!"

stenorman2001

Post by stenorman2001 »

Both of these issues may be fixed when Windows Vista is released. I recommend getting a copy and testing Vista's media centre application and see if your problems still occur.

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

it still locks the mouse on the other screen for me, but it doesn't pick up my tv tuner so i don't use it

Jordan
FTP Access

Post by Jordan »

___ wrote:it still locks the mouse on the other screen for me, but it doesn't pick up my tv tuner so i don't use it
Well, I'm hoping I can deal with it.

Is it true (I don't have the remote yet) that the mouse has to be hovering over the MCE window for it to function?

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

im not sure if the mouse needs to be over it to function, but it does lock it