BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 9d, 13h, 34m | CPU: 29% | MEM: 1955MB of 4815MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Whistler Beta 2        Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:18 pm 
I have this build installed, 2462 that is, and happen to like it a lot,
and was wondering whether there was an activation fix for it.
Thanks.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:39 pm 
i think it never was created since nobody would spend time on a beta. well, just winbeta maybe :P

PostPost subject: Re: Whistler Beta 2        Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:53 pm 
Dion wrote:
I have this build installed, 2462 that is, and happen to like it a lot,
and was wondering whether there was an activation fix for it.
Thanks.

Somewhere in the backups I have a hacked Winlogon for this build...
I'm sure it worked well using an earlier winlogon, & a simple WPAEvents registry entry...
Give me a day or 2 to find it...

PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:51 pm 
FTP Access

May I just point out that modifying the ''WPAevents'' registry key won't be enough to crack activation, a patched winlogon is required too. Modifying the ''WPAevents'' registry key simply tricks msoobe.exe into thinking Windows has already been activated. After the grace period, it will still say you need to activate, but clicking Yes will bring up a message saying it has already been activated and you will be logged off again. I learnt this after trying to crack activation for Longhorn. I know this is Whistler we are talking about, but...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Whistler Beta 2        Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:44 pm 
squidward_ wrote:
May I just point out that modifying the ''WPAevents'' registry key won't be enough to crack activation, a patched winlogon is required too. Modifying the ''WPAevents'' registry key simply tricks msoobe.exe into thinking Windows has already been activated. After the grace period, it will still say you need to activate, but clicking Yes will bring up a message saying it has already been activated and you will be logged off again. I learnt this after trying to crack activation for Longhorn. I know this is Whistler we are talking about, but...
Did you even read any of the post I made above yours..? I guess not..! :?

KenOath wrote:
Somewhere in the backups I have a hacked Winlogon for this build...
I'm sure it worked well using an earlier winlogon, & a simple WPAEvents registry entry...
Give me a day or 2 to find it...

PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:50 pm 
FTP Access

Sorry, I read it in a rush, and was late for something, I must of overlooked it. If it hasn't already been done, won't the file ''SETUPREG.HIV'' need patching as well to remove the timebomb so that the date won't need setting back to be able to install the OS and getting the message in the setup program warning you that you are installing an evaluation copy of the OS? And YES, I HAVE read your message carefully this time!

Incidentally, I wanted to ask as well: do the Whistler builds have the same problem as the early i386 based setup builds of Longhorn with NT5.CAT where the first part of setup will appear to complete successfully, but the second part it will fail saying the time and dateare out of sync unless you set the date back?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:25 pm 
The fix for this build has been sent to Dion, may as well close the post now, Thanks..!

PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:36 pm 
FTP Access

Yes, I do agree with you here, please can somebody close this topic now? Thankyou!

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]