BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 4d, 4h, 20m | CPU: 47% | MEM: 2287MB of 3717MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Fill Me In        Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:06 pm 
Donator

I've been busy for a while(zappateers.com) and everything is in chaos. could someone tell me what's happening? from what i've read, fake accounts and hacking was involved.
:?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:09 pm 
Donator

Same here, I somehow managed to miss all of it until maybe 20 minutes ago when I stumbled across the post in Announcements.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:15 pm 
Donator

There were a series of spammings, and a moderators account was hacked into, and used to move private post's into public areas.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:16 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
All Microsoft operating systems!
First, some stupid guy hacked the account of a certain moderator here by the name of Bender (Fireware) and used it to move private posts into public forums. Then he was caught by Andy, and then a guy who calls himself "OBrasilo" said that the same guy hacked other people's accounts as well (the hacker's name obviously is Kenzou Isogai and he's a known Japanese faker) and that one of the people who had his account hacked talked to him twice in person (The first time, he went to his house and yelled at him so hard that as OBrasilo said, "the idiot will remember it for life"). The problem is, after that, he pretended to be KenOath, by creating an account under the name "Ken0", but then the real KenOath caught him and registered as "KenO". Then, he said he "appoligized" for doing all this, but it looks like he started it all up again. OBrasilo also said that the same guy who had his account hacked even tried reporting the hacker/faker to the police (It would be Japanese police, since they're both Japanese). He also created an account under the name "Bender is sHARD>>", which he used to pretend to be Alexis accusing Bender of being sHARD>> (an old OSBA Administrator, and I have no idea why anyone would have anything against him), but his posts got deleted. Then he registered under the name "happy_dude" to pretend to be "happy dude", accusing someone here that the real "happy dude" doesn't like who calls himself "WildEye001", of being Namronia (another member who is NOT the same person as WildEye001, and is German, unlike WildEye001 who seems to be American), and then the same account faker registered as "Ken0ath", then "Ken0", but "Ken0" was deleted so he recreated that account again. Fortunately, I contacted a certain member here by the name of "Daniel" in a PM to report those fake accounts to Andy.

I've posted this many times before, but the moral lesson of the story is: You can never get anything good in return from doing bad things. By doing bad things, chances are that you'll just get caught, and that you will receive something, at least not a good thing, in return. And if you did, it serves you right. That's just the way life works. What I find even worse is that he started it up agan even after he appologized! Doing it once is bad enough, but doing it TWICE, especially after you said you "appologized", is really bad. Hacking/Faking other people's usernames/accounts doesn't even make sense anyway. I don't understand why people do these things. The whole thing is childish.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:17 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
WinPC wrote:
and that one of the people who had his account hacked talked to him twice in person (The first time, he went to his house and yelled at him so hard that as OBrasilo said, "the idiot will remember it for life").

the internet is serious business

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:02 am 
Donator

Quote:
I've posted this many times before, but the moral lesson of the story is: You can never get anything good in return from doing bad things. By doing bad things, chances are that you'll just get caught, and that you will receive something, at least not a good thing, in return. And if you did, it serves you right. That's just the way life works. What I find even worse is that he started it up agan even after he appologized! Doing it once is bad enough, but doing it TWICE, especially after you said you "appologized", is really bad. Hacking/Faking other people's usernames/accounts doesn't even make sense anyway. I don't understand why people do these things. The whole thing is childish.

Why even waste time when it pointless to even try?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:00 am 
Donator

What I want to know is... what the hell are you doing to become "hacked"? Seriously. Especially by someone of this caliber (for the irony impaired... I mean complete halfwit), said "hacker", more or less, had to get this moderator to run an unsavory executable.

Answer me this... what exactly was he promising that you would throw all common sense out the window and run something like this?

The only other alternative is the moderator is running a completely unpatched machine, without any kind of firewall, and this "clever hacker" is just a script kiddie. Either way, while it is so juvenile, someone was caught with their pants down.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:39 am 
Donator

Wow.

I wonder what pissed him off?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:57 am 
Donator

I'm not sure, but if he's reading this now, he can go do some very unpleasant thing's to himself with a cork-screw.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:19 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
RentedMule wrote:
What I want to know is... what the hell are you doing to become "hacked"? Seriously. Especially by someone of this caliber (for the irony impaired... I mean complete halfwit), said "hacker", more or less, had to get this moderator to run an unsavory executable.

Answer me this... what exactly was he promising that you would throw all common sense out the window and run something like this?

The only other alternative is the moderator is running a completely unpatched machine, without any kind of firewall, and this "clever hacker" is just a script kiddie. Either way, while it is so juvenile, someone was caught with their pants down.

Our theory is that he used the same password on another forum, of which the hacker is the administrator or has access to the database. All they had to do was get the md5 hash, brute force it in a couple of days, and et viola, access to the moderators account.

Bender even admitted his password wasn't the most secure but he has now changed it to something very secure and won't make the same mistake again. Accidents happen, and I don't blame him one bit for anything that happened. Even my password used to be weak, a 6 letter dictionary word. It would take just a few hours to brute force that. I changed it something more complex when my friends started looking at it when I typed it in and they finally got it.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:21 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
MacOS 9.2.2
Indeed, he sent really abusive PM's O.o dont know why I was the main target.

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]