BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 26d, 20h, 7m | CPU: 33% | MEM: 5666MB of 10829MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: In regards to fake accounts and whatnot        Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:40 am 
Donator

Yes, I know this place is being overrun at the moment with fake accounts and since my name was used in one I want to make this clear now.

There is only one account I have on forums and it's Happy Dude (or happy dude). Nothing else. No underscores, commas, lower/uppercase eg hApPy DuD3.

There is one other alias I use on IRC some may know but to risk that being used in fake accounts, I'm not posting that here, mods can find out what it is on request.

So yeah, basically theres only one happy dude... and all these new ones popping up arent me.

Last edited by happy dude on Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:48 am 
Donator

Also, In regards to fake account's and spammers, I feel that attention should be given to:
This Account
I'd say it is the person troubling us, as his name is simular to KenOath, and his interest is listed as killing forums.
Unfortunatley, only Andy can delete account's, and I boubt he'll be awake for hours yet.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:49 am 
Donator

Not for at least another 2 hours.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:09 am 
Donator

Whoops, posted in the wrong forum. Please move :oops:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:26 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Moved to Offtopic

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:33 am 
Donator

jabster wrote:
Also, In regards to fake account's and spammers, I feel that attention should be given to:
This Account
I'd say it is the person troubling us, as his name is simular to KenOath, and his interest is listed as killing forums.
Unfortunatley, only Andy can delete account's, and I boubt he'll be awake for hours yet.

Hes pretty dodgey I mean he listed his occupation as beating kids. :|

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:39 am 
jabster wrote:
This Account

The dropkick responsible for this latest round of stupidity, seems to get off by opening
accounts similar to other users here, in an attempt at getting back at all the people
he/she doesn't like, or so it seems...
For the short time I was checking PMs last night, I saw an account that mimmicked
alexis's posting style, Benders & Happy Dudes, yet made a KenOath & KenO account,
but has yet to post from them, unless I missed them whilst asleep last night...
Has any others popped up I missed..?

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:47 am 
Donator

I'll keep my eye's peeled for more foe account's, he must be planning another wave of spams for later tonight/whatever the time is in western europe (I do believe he attacked at around 6pm England time last night)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:31 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Well I've deleted the account and banned the e-mail address associated with it, and I will continue to do so. This person is making a pointless attack that is in vain, because I'll simply delete the account and associated posts whenever they are made.

Whoever you are, give up. Your efforts are useless and you will be found.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:33 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
All Microsoft operating systems!
I noticed them too. I sent Daniel a PM requesting him to report those fake accounts to Andy. I guess it worked then!

jabster wrote:
I'll keep my eye's peeled for more foe account's, he must be planning another wave of spams for later tonight/whatever the time is in western europe (I do believe he attacked at around 6pm England time last night)
I'm going to be doing the same thing. He might very well try again, and if he does, I'll report any fake accounts he creates.

I agree with Andy, whoever this guy is (Kenzou Isogai???), as Andy said, "his efforts are useless", and I agree that he will be found. Like I've said many times, the moral lesson to this story is that you can never get anything good in return by doing bad things. By doing bad things, chances are that you'll just get caught doing them and that you'll get something, at least something not good in return. And it would serve you right.

You get what you deserve in return for what you do, good or bad. That's just the way life works.

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]