BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 57d, 23h, 31m | CPU: 85% | MEM: 6194MB of 10671MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Why were the Windows Ultimate Extras created?        Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:52 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2008 Standard
Was it to create a bunch of hype to falsely convince people to get Windows Vista Ultimate? Maybe because the Ultimate Extras team wanted people to eventually believe that they were working on the Vista Plus! Pack(was never released) instead of the Ultimate Extras? IMO, if they really wanted to show off the fact that 5 extras were released in 19 and a half months, they can at least make Hold'Em have network capabilities so that you can play online...

(Yes, I rant too much, and I use Windows XP)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:00 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Neptune & Longhorn
I think they made it, because there is not a great difference between home premium and ultimate, so there was a reason for people to buy windows ultimate.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:48 pm 
Donator

I believe that Ultimate's main selling point's were not the Ultimate extra's, but BitLocker Drive Encryption, Dreamscene, as well as various other features.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:38 pm 
FTP Access

jabster wrote:
Dreamscene, as well as various other features.

DreamScene is an Ultimate Extra. I think the Extras would make you feel as though you were kinda missing out if they kept releasing exciting new ones but you didn't have Ultimate. Ultimate also combines the features of Business eg domain join, terminal services, IIS etc with those of Home Premium eg Media Centre and DVD Maker, which none of the other editions do.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:53 pm 
Donator

Two lefts and a diagonal sidestep from where you are.

Favourite OS
Windows 7 M3 (6801)
there is a DreamScene enabler for non-Ultimate versions of Vista.. its here. its called Hypnos. it was released by a few friends of mine.. its in the early stages though
EDIT: screenshot is below..

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:23 pm 
FTP Access

Vista Ultimate extra's is a con.
Same with DirectX 10, no game has reached it's full potential. Games can achieve the current visuals with DirectX 9.

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]