BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 23d, 11h, 37m | CPU: 38% | MEM: 5596MB of 10910MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: The Charming Hooligans        Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:25 pm 

http://www.charminghooligans.co.uk/

I am in the final stages of piecing together my site now, and started adding content this month, but it feels like something's missing.

Considering I'm not too great at PHP, HTML or anything, It turned out how I wanted it to (except the slightly shoddy images in some parts, but I'll fix them as I go), but now it feels like I could do more to make it look more professional.

Any suggestions?

Also, I know about the broken links, and the problems in IE.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:01 am 
Donator

Looks great! I'm not a big fan of the scrolling divs on the front page though. I would make the logo at the top link back to the home page.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:23 am 

The Divs are the only way I could keep the shoutbox and news on the main page. I'm too lazy to change it every update and archive it all away :P.

The logo taking you back to Home is a great idea! *Stolen*

That will save me a bit of space.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:33 am 
Donator

Oh, I didn't mean to get rid of the divs, I just meant to make them taller so they aren't scrollable. You can do it with CSS. With CSS you could also position the two divs side by side and make the shoutbox on the right (or left, whatever) and give it smaller text that way you can see both at once. Just a suggestion, I'd try that out and see how it works.

After looking a bit more at your HTML/CSS it seems like you must already know that though. :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:15 am 
Permanently Banned

Quote:
I, Curly Hooligan, am the only guy paying for this site. We have pooled our resources in order to create the content, but to stay on the interweb, I have to get a job.
It's bloody gay.

Welcome to real life.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:59 am 

QuiescentWonder wrote:
Oh, I didn't mean to get rid of the divs, I just meant to make them taller so they aren't scrollable. You can do it with CSS. With CSS you could also position the two divs side by side and make the shoutbox on the right (or left, whatever) and give it smaller text that way you can see both at once. Just a suggestion, I'd try that out and see how it works.

After looking a bit more at your HTML/CSS it seems like you must already know that though. :P

Andy, the Admin, actually gave me the basic CSS templates and I just played with them. Lol.

I don't want to make anything smaller than it is, or more confusing, but I also don't want people to scroll too much to get to the bottom though, or they may not know some of it exists.

It was just the way I had it in my mind, so now anything else seems too cramped. lol

Top  Profile  WWW