BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 21d, 20h, 37m | CPU: 26% | MEM: 5505MB of 10604MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Xbox Help        Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:01 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Mac OS Classic
hi guys

I installed a spare 20GB HD i had lying around, and everything went great

my question is in order to play games of my F: partition do I just make a "Games" folder like I did in E:?

Im Running XBMC and can FTP into my Xbox

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:29 pm 
Donator

It really doesn't matter where you put them, you can put the games in the root directory on C if you want, although I wouldn't recommend it. I have a 120GB in mine and I throw all the games in F:\games\ Just make a new "Source" in XBMC to wherever you put the games.

You might check out http://www.xboxscene.com they have tons of information if you browse around the forums and tutorials sections. Lot's of it is outdated or is for outdated software though so you have to look out for that.

Also, it's nice to have a backup, I have a hardware mod and I don't really know a lot about softmodding. If you can somehow configure it to boot a different .xbe if XBMC fails to load it would be wise to get another smaller dashboard on there that has an FTP server built in. This way, if you have any problems with XBMC you can use the other dashboard. I have Avalaunch installed on mine, it hasn't been updated in years but it works fine. It has an FTP server and a file manager which is really all you need to get going again with XBMC if you have any problems. How did you get XBMC on there in the first place? The BIOS I'm using is configurable through an INI file so I have it setup to load C:\avalaunch.xbe if E:\apps\xbmc\default.xbe fails. I'm not sure how that would work for you.

Try not to use burnt DVDs as much as you can and use the FTP instead. In the Xbox the DVD drives are known to go bad, I have three Xboxes all with different model DVD drives and they are all bad. I have to use FTP and the network for everything.

Also, if you don't know what it is, you need to learn how to get into xbins.org and download software. Pretty much everything that you could ever want in way of software is on there. No ROMS or games or anything, just the software itself. You'll find the newest versions of all the emulators, game backup software, etc. in xbins. Stick to t3ch's website for the XBMC releases though. XBMC recently went into a feature freeze so you'll want to update that periodically because it will progressively have less and less bugs until the final version.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:26 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Mac OS Classic
what do you mean by make a new "Source"

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:28 am 
Donator

It might not say "Source", it's something like that. When you go into videos, music, games, etc. it needs sources for where those things are. I think it says "Add New Source".

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]