BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 28d, 18h, 4m | CPU: 82% | MEM: 5668MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: Xbox and Xbox 360 Repair/Modification in the U.S.        Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:01 am 
FTP Access

Hey guys. I have been modding/repairing the original Xbox for years now, and have been modding/repairing the 360 for about half a year now. I live in New Jersey and will accept repairs from anyone across the country. I'll gladly repair a console from out of country, but you will definitely have to pay for shipping costs. The services I can offer are as follows:

Original Xbox

Softmodding - $20
This literally takes all of 10 - 15 minutes to do. The more customization you want with it the longer it will take to do (such as install Xbox Media Center as the main dashboard, etc.) The price includes installing applications of your choice. A softmodded Xbox will allow you to play homebrew software, game backups, load games from the HDD, and FTP to the Xbox's HDD.

Install a Larger HDD - $40
This can take more then an hour to do. I must softmod the Xbox first, unless you have already softmodded it. I must retrieve key files in order to prepare the new HDD which will require the Xbox be modded so that we can FTP to the Xbox and get those key files. The harddrive you want formatted for your Xbox must be "lockable", and can not be greater then 137GB as the stock Xbox Bios can not support larger HDDs.

Retrieve Xbox Hard Drive EEPROM from Dead Motherboard - $20
This allows you to get the EEPROM and unlock your Xbox HDD. In turn, unlocking your Xbox HDD will allow you to retrieve gamesaves and such. This can also be done to an Xbox that still functions, but has a dead HDD. In this case, it would allow you to get the HDD EEPROM and build a new Xbox HDD from scratch. Does require some soldering to the Xbox Motherboard.

Xbox 360

RROD Repair - $30
The infamous "Red Ring Of Death" CAN be repaired. This involves replacing the X-clamps underneath the motherboard that hold the heatsinks down, replacing Microsoft's Thermal Crap compound with Arctic Silver 3, as well as applying the 12v fan mod and various other cooling mods.

Basically, the 360 overheats to the point that solder actually starts to flow. This is due in part to the fact that Microsoft decided to use Lead-Free solder. Once the solder starts to flow, because the X-clamps underneath the board holding the heatsinks down improperly distribute pressure over the GPU chip, solder points become disconnected. This then causes your 360 to give off the 3 Red Lights of Death.

Firmware Flashing - $15
Allows you to play backups of your games. I may be able to flash the Hitachi v78, but at the moment I CAN NOT flash the v79. I have also not flashed any other 360 other then Hitachi drives (just my luck). However, my sata chipset my support the flashing of other Samsung andd BenQ drives.

Update to new Firmware Build/Re-flash Retail Firmware - FREE!!
This only applies to people I have already done business with. If a new version of ixtreme comes out, and I have previously flashed you drive and you want it upgraded, or you want your drive back to retail state, I will do it for free. ONLY and ONLY IF I have previously done business with you before.

I will not give out/sell backups for any systems. I will not save full retail games to the Xbox HDD or add Roms to the Xbox HDD.

Payment for repairs/mods does not include return shipping. You must pay for shipping to and from me. If you live near by me, feel free to drop off and pickup to save money on shipping and get your console back way quicker.

There are multiple ways of contacting me:
email - eaoporto@yahoo.com
Aim - Bigern1990
Xbox-scene - Chimp5000
Pm me here or on Xbox-scene. When you contact me, let me know who you are and where you got my info from.

I have refs on Xbox-scene as well. You can check my service thread here.

At the moment I have one premod Original Xbox. This was my first Original Xbox. It has a custom two-tone paint job (Gold/Black) as well as a UV-Resistant sealer on top of that. It is softmodded and has a 60GB HDD installed, perfect for media, games, and more! Currently has the latest Xbox Media Center Build as the dashboard.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m143 ... 020652.jpg

Image made into a link. Read the rules

I will also be getting in one or two Xbox 360 consoles over the next week or so. I will be putting those up as well, mostlikely firmware flashed to play backups. They will be console only and go for $115.

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:42 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
SVR 2012R2/Win10
Well, I'll be damned - you live really freakin' close to me - I live in Belle Mead, NJ. If I ever get the RRoD, I'll be sure to contact you, especially since I voided my warranty long ago with the installation of one of the kits that makes it so you can 'easily' flash your drive - I've never gotten that far, and only installed the mod as a precaution.

Great to see that there's someone I can go to within 10 miles of my house!

:D

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:35 pm 
FTP Access

jimmsta wrote:
Well, I'll be damned - you live really freakin' close to me - I live in Belle Mead, NJ. If I ever get the RRoD, I'll be sure to contact you, especially since I voided my warranty long ago with the installation of one of the kits that makes it so you can 'easily' flash your drive - I've never gotten that far, and only installed the mod as a precaution.

Great to see that there's someone I can go to within 10 miles of my house!

:D

Damn, that is close :p

You ever need anything, hit me up with a email or something. We won't have to worry about shipping charges or anything, and you could get it back the same day :)

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM