Usernet

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
sunmaid
FTP Access

Usernet

Post by sunmaid »

Hi

found this good place to sunscribe to access newsgroups. what they offer is a week unlimited access and this maxes out on my 8meg connection. for only $4 or £2 great value if you save up all your downloads for the month and use the week option. beats subs for month accounts if you can wait !!!!

www.blocknews.net

happy dude
Donator

Post by happy dude »

I prefer Giganews. Plus I get 10GB free with them thru my ISP per month

sunmaid
FTP Access

Post by sunmaid »

but for the cost its a steal, I was using newsdemon but found this, same speed, but not as good retention approx 120 days so I now only hammer newsgroups once a month and save cash !!!

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Usenet (not usernet ) is a great place to grab stuff. For Windows clients I recommend the freeware GrabIt!. It's great for downloading things and can do that with multiple sessions. If you are into a lot of chatting and less downloading then grab Forté Agent.

And I use GigaNews myself. Cheap and fast.
Official guidelines: The Definitive Guide to BetaArchive :: Abandonware
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

hypr
Donator

Post by hypr »

I never really could get myself into Usenet, I sometimes found there was too much spam on them...

happy dude
Donator

Post by happy dude »

hypr wrote:I never really could get myself into Usenet, I sometimes found there was too much spam on them...
Clearly you havent got into the downloading side of it yet