Cant open My Computer

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
tushar_verma_333
FTP Access

Cant open My Computer

Post by tushar_verma_333 »

I cant open my computer,my documents or control panel etc whenever i double click it displays the open with window i can only access them through my music older which is empty and navigating from there
could i get some help

RentedMule
Donator

Post by RentedMule »

Sounds like an explorer hook that is just taking way too much time to finish its process. It could be spyware. Ive had similar issues with Adobe Updater. Google "hijackthis" and use it. Good luck.

Ensign Joe
FTP Access

Re: Cant open My Computer

Post by Ensign Joe »

Your classid thingie is broken or the "open" tree in the "Folder" registry key under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
Try importing the trees "Folder" and anything else that has to do with that (like "Directory" as well) from another PC to your registry.

Just select the Folder key in the registry of the other PC, right-click and "Export", Save, then copy the file to the PC where it's broken and double click the reg file. Grant the permission to add this file.
Maybe you'll need to restart your PC.

In Longhorn 4074 it worked. But I think it won't work because your "My Music" is working, so the problem might be somewhere else, but it's worth trying

QuiescentWonder
Donator

Post by QuiescentWonder »

I've always found that if you have that much spyware it's just easier to reload.

IainK
FTP Access

Post by IainK »

I second that, after a certain point you aren't going to get rid of 100% of the spyware.