Windows Xp Activations From Microsoft?

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
betaluva
Donator

Windows Xp Activations From Microsoft?

Post by betaluva »

if ms has stopped selling windows xp does that mean that activation is also stopping? what is the actual status? is it a unsupported os now? a retired os? what?

Saarineames
FTP Access

Post by Saarineames »

Nope. Support will continue until April 2014. They have only discontinued selling Windows XP as a retail product and licensing it to PC manufacturers. It will still be available through inventories, and downgrade options or cheap PC deals by some manufacturers from what I heard.

Bender
Donator

Post by Bender »

Microsoft's OEM distributors still sell XP, and small manufacturers can still preinstall XP until April 2009. Also, ultra mobile pcs IE the EEE PC and MiniNote can still use XP, as they can't handle Vista.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; mimic; rv:9.3.2) Clecko/20120101 Classilla/CFM
"Stupid can opener! You killed my father, and now you've come back for me!"

XDude
Donator

Post by XDude »

I think by 2014, they should just have an automatic activation patch, or everyone would need to crack activation by that time.

betaluva
Donator

Post by betaluva »

thats what i was thinking, if ms ceases activations some big corporation would sue ms, you think it would make sense for ms to release a offical activaion patch in 2014.

XDude
Donator

Post by XDude »

but who would be using windows xp in 2014
it's like using windows 95 now, hopefully you're not using 95.

Bender
Donator

Post by Bender »

betaluva wrote:thats what i was thinking, if ms ceases activations some big corporation would sue ms, you think it would make sense for ms to release a offical activaion patch in 2014.
Large corporation's normally use Corporate edition, which doesn't require activation.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; mimic; rv:9.3.2) Clecko/20120101 Classilla/CFM
"Stupid can opener! You killed my father, and now you've come back for me!"

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

The advantage of working at some company and when i was back in school, i got a free Corporate Edition (not classified as illegal because the school is using the same version).

bumcheekcity

Post by bumcheekcity »

It may be a case that Microsoft release Windows XP SP4 (or whatever), and from that service pack, it won't require it. Either that, or nobody will care, because it's years old, and we'll all be using the next version of Windows, although it will admittedly help if it's better than the current one.

mdogg
Donator

Post by mdogg »

By the time support ends and Microsoft shut down the activation service for XP, Microsoft won't care whether you crack it or not. In fact, I'll bet that they won't even care about that WGA thing.

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

bumcheekcity wrote:It may be a case that Microsoft release Windows XP SP4 (or whatever), and from that service pack, it won't require it. Either that, or nobody will care, because it's years old, and we'll all be using the next version of Windows, although it will admittedly help if it's better than the current one.
Why does everybody say that vista is bad, look back to 2001/2002, when XP came out, everybody had the same thought, i love EVERY version of Windows.

And WPA is here for stay i am afraid, then you will know for sure that you have a genuine copy.

btw, dont use student versions of XP, i heard someone that had this version, the original CD and license number and after a few updates windows said that it was not genuine, sometimes this happens (i had a update a while back that also did this, but phoned microsoft and they immedialty released a new update to update that update.
(wow, 4x update is 1 sentance ).