BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 3d, 3h, 3m | CPU: 29% | MEM: 1830MB of 3235MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 PostPost subject: Moans and Pet Hates!        Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:35 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Post any moans and pet hates you have here! :)

NOTE: This is NOT an excuse to spam, you must have a valid moan or pet hate, or have a comment to someone elses.
- Spam WILL be removed.
- No moans/hating towards members of the forum both past and present.

Pleasant moaning/hating :P

I'll begin :P

Something that cropped up in a conversation earlier...

Battered sausages from the chippy!!!

I went into a chippy once and asked for sausage and chips, I was confronted with a newspaper of chips and some long thin strip of meat with batter on it. I wanted a SAUSAGE!!! NOT a strip of meat with batter on it!!! If I wanted a battered sausage I'd bloody well ask for one! I should have at least been given the choice shouldn't I?!

</rant> :)

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:39 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Gentoo
I hated it when andy wouldn't let me make this thread :(

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:03 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
MacOS 9.2.2
I hated it when people flamed NitroOS.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:40 am 
FTP Access

<rant>
I get angry at how americans try to butcher the english language. Its barbaric that they can drop the 'u' from colour just because they don't want to write the extra letter :x
I ALSO HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE WRITE THINGS WITH CAPS LOCK ON
</rant>

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:42 am 
FTP Access

Well.....
People who complain that its your fault that something is missing, and then they realise, once the item is found, that it was them all along.
Oh yeh, and the stick insect also known as Rachael Green, just the character, not the actress.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:48 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Neptune/Whistler2419/Linux Mint
i thought of one, i hate it when people say inernet . its INTERNET :x

oh i forgot my biggest pet peeve : when girls talk like this " hi,like,how are you,like, im good, like ,do you want to go to the mall and we can,like, do some shopping, ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! :x please females of the world , everyone knows your smart so please talk like you have more than one brain cell! ( phewwww, i feel better now :D )

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:12 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
HP keystroke RPL
I am ANGRY about the internet!

betaluva wrote:
" hi,like,how are you,like, im good, like ,do you want to go to the mall and we can,like, do some shopping

They're hitting on you dude

I am also annoyed when people make terrible threads that are just stupid like those 'Post Your Favourite program' threads PhantonX made.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:54 am 
FTP Access

intellivision wrote:
<rant>
I get angry at how americans try to butcher the english language. Its barbaric that they can drop the 'u' from colour just because they don't want to write the extra letter :x
I ALSO HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE WRITE THINGS WITH CAPS LOCK ON
</rant>

Oh yes - Me too. But I console myself that, however much they wish, they do not speak the English language - they speak American!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:14 am 
FTP Access

Hear Hear

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:05 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Vista Beta 1 (6.0.5112)
longview wrote:

I am also annoyed when people make terrible threads that are just stupid like those 'Post Your Favourite program' threads PhantonX made.

Guess I'm not the only one that could care less what everyone uses.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:11 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
4tified wrote:
longview wrote:

Guess I'm not the only one that could care less what everyone uses.

FIREFOX! LOL, not really, although I do use it.

What I really hate is when there is some sort of problem with computers/my computer/parents computer, etc... you know; just computer problems - that >I< have to fix...

</rant>

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:35 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
WFW 3.11/Win 98SE
callumh wrote:
What I really hate is when there is some sort of problem with computers/my computer/parents computer, etc... you know; just computer problems - that >I< have to fix...

</rant>

I get the same thing, but its usually my sibling's computer, and they give me 5 minutes to do a 30 minute job, then get ticked because "I'm not working fast enough" :x

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:34 am 
FTP Access

teriaki 511 wrote:
callumh wrote:

</rant>

I get the same thing, but its usually my sibling's computer, and they give me 5 minutes to do a 30 minute job, then get ticked because "I'm not working fast enough" :x

I'll add on to this: When you're finished, they always ask "What did you do?" Then, while explaining things you know they probably don't understand (and tying not to get frustrated about it), they grow bored and interrrupt you with a quick "m'kay, thanks!."

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:31 am 
FTP Access

I hate technical support calls.
Tech: Do you see the DESKTOP??? It has small drawings on it that represent programs.
User: no
Tech: What's onscreen?
User: right now?
Tech: YES
User: hummmmm, let me see..... Nothing.
Tech: Do you mean, the screen has no images, no colors, no cursor?
User: no. It's not actually on. Should I turn it on?
Tech: (God?? What did I do on my other lives to deserve this??)
haha
Seen funny real life cases like...
User: So, when we have a power blackout the nobreak will stay on?
Tech: Yep
User: And what about the computer??

or another very common one:
Ring ring!!
Tech: Good morning, thanks for calling Technical support, what can I help you with?
User: Where am I calling?
Tech: Technical support sir. (just said sooooo...)

:)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:52 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Has this ever happened to anybody -

you get a virus from an "adult" web site (yes, I will be honest here, I look at that stuff, like most teenage guys do), and it just so happens that it HAS to be the only virus your anti-virus won't clean. Seriously, about 50% of the people on the internet must have contracted that thing, so you would think that the anti-virus company that you are paying yearly to keep your computer and over half of the world's computers safe would know about it by then... 8-)

I've had to wipe my computer twice because of that, and then I ditched Norton. Since I got AVG though, its been a lot better...

Because when I wanna look at that stuff, I use my Mac :wink:

The point of the story- I get ticked off when I get a virus because Windows Viruses Suck!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:50 am 
benny1091 wrote:
Has this ever happened to anybody -

you get a virus from an "adult" web site (yes, I will be honest here, I look at that stuff, like most teenage guys do), and it just so happens that it HAS to be the only virus your anti-virus won't clean. Seriously, about 50% of the people on the internet must have contracted that thing, so you would think that the anti-virus company that you are paying yearly to keep your computer and over half of the world's computers safe would know about it by then... 8-)

I've had to wipe my computer twice because of that, and then I ditched Norton. Since I got AVG though, its been a lot better...

Because when I wanna look at that stuff, I use my Mac :wink:

The point of the story- I get ticked off when I get a virus because Windows Viruses Suck!

That's happened to me before, I woke up that most sights related to such, usually try to
screw you over in some way with spyware or virii.
Dump.com is probably the only one that wont.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:04 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Server 2003
I have a few.

Being British. It's bloody terrible! We're the only nation who will join a queue just for the sake of it, expect (and get excited) when things go wrong. We moan when asylum seekers sneak into the contry...then moan more when they all go back and leave us jobs to do! We really are a joke (and quite rightly imo) to the rest of the world. I was in France a couple of weeks ago watching the news, the final news story was titled "Les Anglais" and there was just a video of British politicians rolling babybell cheese down a hill...this was rather funny. But it does prove what a joke we are.

I heard a fantastic analogy about britain : We're like the small, spotty geeky kid who sticks to the playground bully (America). Whenever the bully threatens another country we show our face round and go "yeeerrrr" and wave our fists in a menacing manner - pathetic isn't it?

The worst bit is, I find myself "acting up" to these traits. I'm sure it is hardwired into us. I even find myself to have a strange liking for anything slightly patriotic - even though I'm completely against most of the things this country has "acheived".

</rant>

Oh, another thing. Why isn't the word "Phonetic" spelled phonetically?????

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:39 pm 
FTP Access

Hey, I like battered sausages!

Ones i can think of at the moment:

- Apple (as in the company) putting the letter "i" infront of everything they sell, iPhone, iPod, iShop, iSomeOtherPOS
- Microsoft putting the word "live" in everything they sell, Windows Live Mail, Windows Live Messenger, XBox Live, etc
- Harry potter+LOTR, whats the big f**king deal? Its just some crappy story.
- some of the tv adverts at the moment (UK):
-> green giant sweetcorn, with that kid who thinks hes going to turn into a giant so starts shovelling the corn into his face as fast as he can.
-> warburtons "probably does all his baking on a laptop"
-> the milk advert "if cows were meant to be indoors they would have been born with slippers" - no they f**king wouldnt! are babies born with slippers? NO!

there are plenty more, ill see what i can remember :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:34 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
When people sign on msn, say hi, you don't reply in 3 seconds of them sending their message, they start saying things like "fine, dont talk to me then" or "fine, ignore me" etc then sign off in a huff!!! Does my head in.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:57 am 
Administrator

Andy wrote:
When people sign on msn, say hi, you don't reply in 3 seconds of them sending their message, they start saying things like "fine, dont talk to me then" or "fine, ignore me" etc then sign off in a huff!!! Does my head in.

Hehe....

--------
"Hello"

(no answer for 5 seconds)

"Are you there?"

(no answer for another 5 seconds)

"Hello?"

User xxx logged off...
------

I mean for crying out loud, I got the "Hello" the first time, and I won't answer any quicker because they repeat it.... and if they really want an answer they can't go offline 10 seconds after they sent me a hello... idiots... Generally I just hate MSN because people can't use a proper nickname... instead of (in my case) just using "mrpijey" people have to use "Whoah i am so l33t today look at my homepage whee i am cool blah blah".... and they often change it like 5 times a day too. So if you use a real IM you will not know in hell who you got on your list. Same goes for everyone that writes a mini-biography as a nickname.... Geez, I could max out this forum ranting about what I hate :P.

Listings: Online :: Offline
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:13 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate
Andy wrote:

My pet hate is along those lines, except it's when your status is set to 'Away'. But people IM you anyway and get then they get into huff, although your IM status clearly states that you are Away.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:35 am 
Donator

merty wrote:
Andy wrote:

My pet hate is along those lines, except it's when your status is set to 'Away'. But people IM you anyway and get then they get into huff, although your IM status clearly states that you are Away.

Yeah but even when your not away or idle you dont answer :^)

So uh my pet hate? Linux CLI.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:36 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate
happy dude wrote:
merty wrote:
Andy wrote:

Yeah but even when your not away or idle you dont answer :^)

So uh my pet hate? Linux CLI.

Hush you :P
That's due to pidgin failing....

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:15 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Idiots in BMW's on countryside roads. They annoy the hell out of me!!!

Today on the way back from a night camping, there was a lorry about 7 cars ahead of me slowing the traffic down a bit. Sure we were doing 40mph instead of 60mph but at least we were moving. Then, we come to a small stretch of road with a blind summit at the end and this idiotic BMW driver slams his foot down, overtakes all but 1 car behind the lorry, and he only didn't go for the last car and the lorry because he came up to the blind summit! He pulled in about 50 yards from the top of the summit. If something was coming it would have wiped him out for sure.

Bloody idiots. If my me or my mate would have got his registration number we would have reported him to the police for reckless driving. Seriously, these are the sorts of people that kill others due to their bad driving, and one day it might be that sort of person that hits you and kills you or your family.

:@

</rant>

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:28 am 
Donator

When people ask me for help on the computers and then a few days later they call me a nerd.

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next