BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 56d, 12h, 54m | CPU: 15% | MEM: 6169MB of 10904MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules


Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 PostPost subject: Help With Chicago Build 73 install        Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:44 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:47 am

Posts
28

Location
Friul, Italy
I am having trouble installing chicago Build 73 on Virtual PC 2004.
I managed to install it from MS-DOS 6.22, However, When I Boot I receive the following message:

Image
:cry:
If I click ok, the window closes, and nothing else happens.
I checked the vhd file with winimage, and cab32.exe did exist.


Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Help With Chicago Build 73 install        Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:57 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Fri May 30, 2008 11:19 am

Posts
56

Favourite OS
Windows 7, Windows XP
Corny Cole wrote:
I am having trouble installing chicago Build 73 on Virtual PC 2004.
I managed to install it from MS-DOS 6.22, However, When I Boot I receive the following message:

Image
:cry:
If I click ok, the window closes, and nothing else happens.
I checked the vhd file with winimage, and cab32.exe did exist.


Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance


I have the same problem with 73g, and also, if i start Chicago from bootdisk, it cannot find registry files. C'mon people please help! :cry:


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:10 pm 
Reply with quote
open the config.sys file on the drive and change

Code:
Buffers=30
Files=30


to

Code:
Buffers=90
Files=90


itll work :)


Top
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:53 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:47 am

Posts
28

Location
Friul, Italy
OK, I'll try that. Hopefully it will work

________
Edit
___________
It Works! Thank You!

I've also tried with Chicago 53-Can't Install. It says setup.inf is missing or damaged. WHat should I do?

:-)


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:39 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:47 am

Posts
606

Location
$HOME
Corny Cole wrote:
OK, I'll try that. Hopefully it will work

________
Edit
___________
It Works! Thank You!

I've also tried with Chicago 53-Can't Install. It says setup.inf is missing or damaged. WHat should I do?

:-)


You must first isntall windows 3.x and then OVER windows 3.x update to 53g.
I coulndn't find any inf files that got it running. That surely works.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:48 am 
Reply with quote
Chicago wrote:
Corny Cole wrote:
OK, I'll try that. Hopefully it will work

________
Edit
___________
It Works! Thank You!

I've also tried with Chicago 53-Can't Install. It says setup.inf is missing or damaged. WHat should I do?

:-)


You must first isntall windows 3.x and then OVER windows 3.x update to 53g.
I coulndn't find any inf files that got it running. That surely works.


you both mean 58s afaik, if not, please upload "53" somewhere :D


Top
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:49 am 
Reply with quote
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat May 12, 2007 1:05 pm

Posts
5271

Location
The Collection Book

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
Not all Chicago Builds requires Windows.
Only a few, the others can be installed from just a partitioned and formatted disk, start setup by copying all files/folders to a folder on the hard drive and then start setup from there.

_________________
Image
http://www.thecollectionbook.info
Subscribe to our Image for updates and like us on Image.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:57 am 
Reply with quote
DjRob wrote:
Not all Chicago Builds requires Windows.

Not a single one does.

Quote:
I've also tried with Chicago 53-Can't Install. It says setup.inf is missing or damaged. WHat should I do?

Try DOSSETUP.BAT instead, the other setup files are remains from an earlier version and can't be used to install from DOS.


Top
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:27 am 
Reply with quote
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat May 12, 2007 1:05 pm

Posts
5271

Location
The Collection Book

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
unblestone wrote:
DjRob wrote:
Not all Chicago Builds requires Windows.

Not a single one does.



Actually there are, Builds:
347
456
468
490
501

Those 5 builds need a Windows base because they search for VALID installation prior to the install of that build.

_________________
Image
http://www.thecollectionbook.info
Subscribe to our Image for updates and like us on Image.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:46 am 
Reply with quote
DjRob wrote:
Those 5 builds need a Windows base because they search for VALID installation prior to the install of that build.

No, they only search for a valid licence. All you have to do is to insert disk 1 of a product that is valid for an update, like Windows 3.1. You don't have to have it installed.


Top
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:04 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:47 am

Posts
28

Location
Friul, Italy
DjRob wrote:
unblestone wrote:
DjRob wrote:
Not all Chicago Builds requires Windows.

Not a single one does.



Actually there are, Builds:
347
456
468
490
501

Those 5 builds need a Windows base because they search for VALID installation prior to the install of that build.


I installed build 73 over MS-DOS 6.22 with no windows on it.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:36 pm 
Reply with quote
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat May 12, 2007 1:05 pm

Posts
5271

Location
The Collection Book

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
Corny Cole wrote:
DjRob wrote:
unblestone wrote:
DjRob wrote:
Not all Chicago Builds requires Windows.

Not a single one does.



Actually there are, Builds:
347
456
468
490
501

Those 5 builds need a Windows base because they search for VALID installation prior to the install of that build.


I installed build 73 over MS-DOS 6.22 with no windows on it.


[sarcasm]
Correct me if i am wrong, but i dont see 73 in the list above :S
[/sarcasm]

All other builds can be installed by just using a partitioned and formatted disk (even DOS isn't required).
But it must be formatted with FAT (16) < 2GB partitions, FAT32 Chicago cant understand that.

_________________
Image
http://www.thecollectionbook.info
Subscribe to our Image for updates and like us on Image.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:01 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:47 am

Posts
28

Location
Friul, Italy
DjRob wrote:

[sarcasm]
Correct me if i am wrong, but i dont see 73 in the list above :S
[/sarcasm]

All other builds can be installed by just using a partitioned and formatted disk (even DOS isn't required).
But it must be formatted with FAT (16) < 2GB partitions, FAT32 Chicago cant understand that.



Oh, sorry. just my bad english reading(also speedreading)


Top  Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

All views expressed in these forums are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the BetaArchive site owner.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Copyright © 2006-2018

 

Sitemap | XML | RSS