BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 6d, 15h, 49m | CPU: 23% | MEM: 2003MB of 3613MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: Denon tears the fabric of space/time        Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:03 pm 
FTP Access

I found the coutesy of The Register, and I have to say this is truely a lesson in superior trolling.

Quote:
Denon AKDL1 Dedicated Link Cable
List Price: $500.99
Price: $499.99 Free Shipping
You Save: $1.00

Quote:
Let me just say that just like everyone else, I also had problems with slipstreams opening where I didn't want them to open. I too was in my basement when one opened up and sucked my cat in. A few minutes later my cat appeared in the washing machine(which was on) and died. I also had problems with the feature in which people appear nude. I don't like seeing Burt Reynolds nude in the original Longest Yard. And as I went to pick up my A1 steak sauce instead of seeing Jesus normal, I saw him nude....This cable is not for children or people who own animals....Dodge this cable.

Quote:
The Denon AKDL1 cables increase polarized hyperbaric ethernet throughput to over 70 petabytes/second. This cable is the first in a series of nano-molecular para-polarized transparent aluminum cabling, soon to be standard in all Denon audiophile equipment.

Since carefully installing the Denon cables using the provided surgical gloves, my system has stablized in Hilbert space. Apparently the Denon AKDL1 performs polarized nanoscale quantum tunneling by using a custom transparent aluminum cable matrix to push parameterized vorgon particles through a dark fibre phase variant Heisenberg compensator. How they accomplish this for only $500, I don't know.

Quote:
I'm quite positive that this cable uses a clearer font to transmit the 1s and 0s from between my components. Sure you're thinking. . .all 1s and 0s are created and transmitted equally, right? Wrong! This cable only sends Times New Roman Bold typeface 1s and 0s. $500 is a bargain for for all the joy this cable has brought me. This cable is to that other junk that passes as Cat 5, as Flutie Flakes are to Wheaties. It's silly to even use the word digital to describe this cable, this cable looks down on digital and makes it feel embarrassed

If you want a serious laugh, read more at:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I1 ... roduct_top

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:58 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Vista Beta 1 (6.0.5112)
ROCK ON!

Let this go out to those so called "Audiophiles" who'd rather pay $65 for 6' Monster optical cable vs $5 for the equivalent Rat-Shack version. Digital is digital....no more, no less. Sure, shielded dielectric cabling for analog audio may prove to be a step up..(to a certain point anyway), but NOT for digital audio. The battle has gone on forever, but the truth of the matter is you'll never know until you go through some blind-sound tests...then and only then will the so-called "High Performance Audiophile" be put to shame as he realizes his opinion must be soley dependant on pure sound rather than a falsified and easily gullible mindset that attempts to justify spending thousands of dollars on a couple feet of cabling.

I'll use those thousands of dollars on a semi-decent vehicle or a few home repairs, in which I easliy justify the amount AND see the results.

Phew...end of rant.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:02 pm 
FTP Access

I agree to an extent. Though I prefer to spend a reasonable ammount of money on well built quality speaker cable and interconnects, there's a limit. Like you say, digital is digital is digital, its all 1's and 0's and how they get from point a to point b is somewhat irrelevant. Frankly I'd think Denon would know better than to charge an absurd ammount of cash for what ammounts to nothing more than a damn CAT5 cable.

On the defence of the audiophile however, I had the oppertunity to audition a £50,000 system from the British manufacturer Naim, and it was outstanding, and sounded far better than the Arcam/Mordaunt-Short setup I had at the time. If I had 50 grand to waste on a proper stereo system, I would becuase if you can afford that, you've probably already bought everything else you want.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:51 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Vista Beta 1 (6.0.5112)
OG wrote:
I agree to an extent. Though I prefer to spend a reasonable ammount of money on well built quality speaker cable and interconnects, there's a limit. Like you say, digital is digital is digital, its all 1's and 0's and how they get from point a to point b is somewhat irrelevant. Frankly I'd think Denon would know better than to charge an absurd ammount of cash for what ammounts to nothing more than a damn CAT5 cable.

On the defence of the audiophile however, I had the oppertunity to audition a £50,000 system from the British manufacturer Naim, and it was outstanding, and sounded far better than the Arcam/Mordaunt-Short setup I had at the time. If I had 50 grand to waste on a proper stereo system, I would becuase if you can afford that, you've probably already bought everything else you want.

I believe that's a more reasonable explanation :-)

Top  Profile