BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 8d, 18h, 0m | CPU: 55% | MEM: 2245MB of 3581MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules


Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 PostPost subject: GTA center Launch!        Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:36 pm 
Reply with quote
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:10 pm

Posts
2628

Location
Land of The Tea.

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro x64
Hi, me and two of my other mates have teamed up to make.....
http://gta.1fast.co.uk
The idea was it would be an easy to use site dedicated to GTA
But I need comment's and suggestions to put forward, so what do you reckon?

_________________
Image
| Personal site - Social links - PC setup | TF2 Game Servers |
Liking traps isn't gay, its not gay if it looks like a girl
I-i-it's n-not as if I wanted to ban you or anything. B-baka. (「・ω・)「


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:49 pm 
Reply with quote
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:30 pm

Posts
1520

Favourite OS
Mac OS 9.2.2
Center is spelled wrong in the flash animation :P

_________________
Image
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; mimic; rv:9.3.2) Clecko/20120101 Classilla/CFM
"Stupid can opener! You killed my father, and now you've come back for me!"


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:17 pm 
Reply with quote
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:10 pm

Posts
2628

Location
Land of The Tea.

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro x64
Centre is the proper English way of spelling center.
It has the same meaning as center witch is the American spelling.

_________________
Image
| Personal site - Social links - PC setup | TF2 Game Servers |
Liking traps isn't gay, its not gay if it looks like a girl
I-i-it's n-not as if I wanted to ban you or anything. B-baka. (「・ω・)「


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:54 pm 
Reply with quote
Donator
Offline

Joined
Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Posts
2461
Toshua123 wrote:
Centre is the proper English way of spelling center.
It has the same meaning as center witch is the American spelling.


The brits invented english, the americans [censored] it up.

By the way you spelt 'until' wrong


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:30 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:04 pm

Posts
1022

Location
The Ephemeral between existance and non-existance: AKA "being"

Favourite OS
Rhapsody, BeOS
For the same reason brits spell color wrong...

_________________
Image
Part Time Troll - HPC Enthusiast - Spelling Master - Old Fart


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:30 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:04 pm

Posts
1022

Location
The Ephemeral between existance and non-existance: AKA "being"

Favourite OS
Rhapsody, BeOS
For the same reason Brits spell color wrong...

_________________
Image
Part Time Troll - HPC Enthusiast - Spelling Master - Old Fart


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:07 am 
Reply with quote
Donator
Offline

Joined
Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Posts
2461
Frozenport wrote:
For the same reason brits spell color wrong...


You are wrong there ;P
It's spelt colour. Again, the americans screwed up the language. :^)


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:16 am 
Reply with quote
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:10 pm

Posts
2628

Location
Land of The Tea.

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro x64
I'll get it sorted but do you think it was a good idea?

_________________
Image
| Personal site - Social links - PC setup | TF2 Game Servers |
Liking traps isn't gay, its not gay if it looks like a girl
I-i-it's n-not as if I wanted to ban you or anything. B-baka. (「・ω・)「


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:41 am 
Reply with quote
Donator
Offline

Joined
Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Posts
2461
Toshua123 wrote:
I'll get it sorted but do you think it was a good idea?


With a bit more content yes


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:06 pm 
Reply with quote
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat May 12, 2007 1:05 pm

Posts
5271

Location
The Collection Book

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
I dont want to trash your site, but it has almost nothing worth reading yet, no missions walktrough, collectables and other things.

1 site with more content:

http://nl.wikigta.org/wiki/Main_Page

or English one:

http://en.wikigta.org/index.php/Main_Page

Please do not copy text into your pages, its says in the disclimair.
http://en.wikigta.org/wiki/WikiGTA:General_disclaimer

And on your site, there are few games missing, wich are covered there.

* Vice City Stories
* Liberty City Stories
* GTA Advance
* GTA: London 1961
* GTA: London 1969

(These are missing)

The dutch pages are almost complete, in the english pages, GTAIII and up have nice reviews, what to do, where to go, what to collect and where.

_________________
Image
http://www.thecollectionbook.info
Subscribe to our Image for updates and like us on Image.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:05 pm 
Reply with quote
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:15 pm

Posts
197

Location
teen4m.net

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Nice site. I used to run my own SA:MP server not too long ago, but have stopped because I need the resources, however I am thinking of running it again, as I've now got a better connection, and am currently waiting for my RAM to arrive via postal order. I had over 750 users on it. :)


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:32 am 
Reply with quote
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:10 pm

Posts
2628

Location
Land of The Tea.

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro x64
callumh wrote:
Nice site. I used to run my own SA:MP server not too long ago, but have stopped because I need the resources, however I am thinking of running it again, as I've now got a better connection, and am currently waiting for my RAM to arrive via postal order. I had over 750 users on it. :)

MIght get winker to add it to the list if you give me details, as on content i have no control over what is going on and what games. i laid a basic idea.
Please PM for winkers email to contact him or gta@1fast.co.uk

_________________
Image
| Personal site - Social links - PC setup | TF2 Game Servers |
Liking traps isn't gay, its not gay if it looks like a girl
I-i-it's n-not as if I wanted to ban you or anything. B-baka. (「・ω・)「


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:33 am 
Reply with quote
Donator
Offline

Joined
Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Posts
2461
callumh wrote:
Nice site. I used to run my own SA:MP server not too long ago, but have stopped because I need the resources, however I am thinking of running it again, as I've now got a better connection, and am currently waiting for my RAM to arrive via postal order. I had over 750 users on it. :)


Yes, we know how little bandwidth you currently have at home :P


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:03 pm 
Reply with quote
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:15 pm

Posts
197

Location
teen4m.net

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
happy dude wrote:
callumh wrote:
Nice site. I used to run my own SA:MP server not too long ago, but have stopped because I need the resources, however I am thinking of running it again, as I've now got a better connection, and am currently waiting for my RAM to arrive via postal order. I had over 750 users on it. :)


Yes, we know how little bandwidth you currently have at home :P


Now now. Thats not helpful. I've played on my server at a friends house before with a decent connection and it was fine. 8-)

EDIT: it might have just been a bad link, from the UK to Australia, that was causing the *extremely* slow speeds.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:17 pm 
Reply with quote
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:10 pm

Posts
2628

Location
Land of The Tea.

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro x64
Quote:
EDIT: it might have just been a bad link, from the UK to Australia, that was causing the *extremely* slow speeds.

For gta.1fast.co.uk ? my dad downloads and it slows it right down.
Hopefully an up to 20 meg line on the way :D :D

_________________
Image
| Personal site - Social links - PC setup | TF2 Game Servers |
Liking traps isn't gay, its not gay if it looks like a girl
I-i-it's n-not as if I wanted to ban you or anything. B-baka. (「・ω・)「


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:19 pm 
Reply with quote
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:30 pm

Posts
1520

Favourite OS
Mac OS 9.2.2
It'd be much cheaper for you to buy real hosting...

_________________
Image
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; mimic; rv:9.3.2) Clecko/20120101 Classilla/CFM
"Stupid can opener! You killed my father, and now you've come back for me!"


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:20 pm 
Reply with quote
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:15 pm

Posts
197

Location
teen4m.net

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
No no no, from my server to Australia, not the GTA site. Which is also running on my residential broadband line.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:24 pm 
Reply with quote
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:10 pm

Posts
2628

Location
Land of The Tea.

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro x64
Bender wrote:
It'd be much cheaper for you to buy real hosting...

I've been through this a hundred times im not moving of my own server unless its a dedicated.

_________________
Image
| Personal site - Social links - PC setup | TF2 Game Servers |
Liking traps isn't gay, its not gay if it looks like a girl
I-i-it's n-not as if I wanted to ban you or anything. B-baka. (「・ω・)「


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:25 pm 
Reply with quote
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:15 pm

Posts
197

Location
teen4m.net

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Toshua123 wrote:
Bender wrote:
It'd be much cheaper for you to buy real hosting...

I've been through this a hundred times im not moving of my own server unless its a dedicated.


Theres also the fun of running your own server, too.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:33 pm 
Reply with quote
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:30 pm

Posts
1520

Favourite OS
Mac OS 9.2.2
callumh wrote:
Toshua123 wrote:
Bender wrote:
It'd be much cheaper for you to buy real hosting...

I've been through this a hundred times im not moving of my own server unless its a dedicated.


Theres also the fun of running your own server, too.
Fun?
Damn, I've gotta do security updates :| Thats not fun.

And Toshua, why do you need a dedicated server anyway? All you run are websites, and a game server apparently. :| Run the game server from home, and the websites from somewhere professional

_________________
Image
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; mimic; rv:9.3.2) Clecko/20120101 Classilla/CFM
"Stupid can opener! You killed my father, and now you've come back for me!"


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:35 pm 
Reply with quote
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:15 pm

Posts
197

Location
teen4m.net

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
I just leave my server running - no maintenance at all. What more do I need to do? My domains are automatically updated when my IP changes, its hard disk is defragged 4 times a day, everythings automatic. Its the whole idea of running a server... which is what we're on about.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:37 pm 
Reply with quote
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:10 pm

Posts
2628

Location
Land of The Tea.

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro x64
callumh wrote:
Toshua123 wrote:
Bender wrote:
It'd be much cheaper for you to buy real hosting...

I've been through this a hundred times im not moving of my own server unless its a dedicated.


Theres also the fun of running your own server, too.

Its is fun, and you know for a fact that you can back up your data in seconds :P

_________________
Image
| Personal site - Social links - PC setup | TF2 Game Servers |
Liking traps isn't gay, its not gay if it looks like a girl
I-i-it's n-not as if I wanted to ban you or anything. B-baka. (「・ω・)「


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:39 pm 
Reply with quote
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:15 pm

Posts
197

Location
teen4m.net

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
May I also say, 10 seconds is a bit lengthy to redirect to your forums. I'd make it a max of 5 or so seconds :wink:


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:44 pm 
Reply with quote
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:10 pm

Posts
2628

Location
Land of The Tea.

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro x64
callumh wrote:
May I also say, 10 seconds is a bit lengthy to redirect to your forums. I'd make it a max of 5 or so seconds :wink:

I'll let winker know.

_________________
Image
| Personal site - Social links - PC setup | TF2 Game Servers |
Liking traps isn't gay, its not gay if it looks like a girl
I-i-it's n-not as if I wanted to ban you or anything. B-baka. (「・ω・)「


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:18 am 
Reply with quote
Thank You


Top
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

All views expressed in these forums are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the BetaArchive site owner.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Copyright © 2006-2018

 

Sitemap | XML | RSS