Sony Trinitron Multiscan 200ES dead

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
mdogg
Donator

Sony Trinitron Multiscan 200ES dead

Post by mdogg »

I got a Sony Trinitron Multiscan 200ES recently (not new of course). It was hooked up to a new computer I built. I was just about to sit in front of it and do some 3D animation but just when I had sat down, the screen went black and the light next to power button flashed green. Then it turned itself off so I tried turning it back on. But when I did, it made a ticking sound. I opened it up and took the D board out but it didn't look like anything was wrong. Just in case, I replaced the fuse as well since it's one of the things that can fail but just got the same ticking.

Does anyone know what the problem may be or how to fix it at least?

happy dude
Donator

Post by happy dude »

No idea. Personally I'd just get a replacement screen. My Compaq 17" cost me $20. In good condition too (just serviced)

PhantomX
FTP Access

Post by PhantomX »

Was this monitor pretty OLD ? It sounds like it just went out for some reason.
But , They will do that when there time is up. I had one do that too me last week., It just went out, everything went black Do they have craigslist over there? I picked up a free Dell monitor off CraigsList and it work Great....