chineese wholesalers?

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
feck111

chineese wholesalers?

Post by feck111 »

I got an email on ebay from 2 users advertising websites claming to sell all sorts of electonic items. Such as iPhones, TV's and computers.

Is it a scam, or could i make a few bob importing and selling on ebay? Ill post the emails and links if wanted.

Andy
Administrator

Re: chineese wholesalers?

Post by Andy »

feck111 wrote:I got an email on ebay from 2 users advertising websites claming to sell all sorts of electonic items. Such as iPhones, TV's and computers.

Is it a scam, or could i make a few bob importing and selling on ebay? Ill post the emails and links if wanted.
Almost certainly a scam. I'd report the users to eBay for spamming and the possible intention to scam.

happy dude
Donator

Post by happy dude »

Scam. happens all the time

feck111

Post by feck111 »

Ok, i'll report them now. They will sure get what they deserve.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

feck111 wrote:Ok, i'll report them now. They will sure get what they deserve.
Its nice to have people like you around Get rid of the scammers, keep people safe and keep the legit people in business. Keep at it

happy dude
Donator

Post by happy dude »

Hate to break it to you but they'll be back, only thing you can do is to continue reporting them. There are legit Chinese importers out there but if they offer to business with you in an eBay email its a scam

betalarry
FTP Access

Post by betalarry »

Maybe those Chinese guys sell those fake iPhones, you know, the iPhones which are from paper and got the photo from the ads on it. I read about it in a german computer newspaper.

feck111

Post by feck111 »

Andy wrote:
feck111 wrote:Ok, i'll report them now. They will sure get what they deserve.
Its nice to have people like you around Get rid of the scammers, keep people safe and keep the legit people in business. Keep at it
My laptop was scammed by nigerian scammers

I got many emails saying Ship to Nigeria, PAYPAL REQUESTING TRACKING NUMBER, You have recieved an UNPOST ITEM STRIKE blah blah blah...

Guess what happened to the senders of those

*The bad thing was I still had to pay for the auction

Vista Ultimate R2
FTP Access

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

feck111 wrote:*The bad thing was I still had to pay for the auction
You should be able to reclaim the cost of the auction from eBay if the buyer didn't pay etc

bennyboy

Post by bennyboy »

Yeah chances are they DO sell electronics but they're thier own 'Chinese' version. I've got a whole email account FULL to the brim of scammers emails, they must trade email lists or something.

goalie1998

Post by goalie1998 »

i bought a 4 gig sandisk sd card on ebay from a seller based in china. i was very sceptical at first because it was so cheap, but i did receive it and it works. it might not actually be sandisk, but i dont care, it works.