BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 26d, 19h, 33m | CPU: 24% | MEM: 6031MB of 10995MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: hello some people will know me        Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:25 am 
as compact-mac. I decided to create a new account as im bored with compact-mac.

Lets forget my last thread, OK?

PostPost subject: Re: hello some people will know me        Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:13 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
feck111 wrote:
as compact-mac. I decided to create a new account as im bored with compact-mac.

Lets forget my last thread, OK?

Welcome back. Lets hope the past never becomes an issue. :)

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:56 pm 
Donator

welcome back.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:20 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Hello :D

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:57 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
Welcome back! :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:13 pm 
FTP Access

welcome back man. sorry, I barely ever come here anymore,, I've been spending my time on the Galaxie and the Skylark all weekend, and besides, I like to be able to talk about knives and stuff on the forums I visit lol.. (actually, I found a forum I could literally talk about anything in that manner, so just google enough or ask me and I'll give you the URL, this is a computer forum anyway, the admin doesn't want any talk like that anyway. Don't know why, maybe Andy will have to explain it to me, but he just doesn't.)

-Zach

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:16 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
ZSS9393 wrote:
welcome back man. sorry, I barely ever come here anymore,, I've been spending my time on the Galaxie and the Skylark all weekend, and besides, I like to be able to talk about knives and stuff on the forums I visit lol.. (actually, I found a forum I could literally talk about anything in that manner, so just google enough or ask me and I'll give you the URL, this is a computer forum anyway, the admin doesn't want any talk like that anyway. Don't know why, maybe Andy will have to explain it to me, but he just doesn't.)

-Zach

The simple reason is that this is a forum that has people of all ages on it. We don't want to promote violence hence why we won't let you talk about knifes and such. I don't see why you would want to talk about them anyway. feck111 has come back to BA because its a place he enjoys. If he wanted a place to talk about knifes, he'd find one.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:51 pm 
FTP Access

Andy wrote:
ZSS9393 wrote:

-Zach

The simple reason is that this is a forum that has people of all ages on it. We don't want to promote violence hence why we won't let you talk about knifes and such. I don't see why you would want to talk about them anyway. feck111 has come back to BA because its a place he enjoys. If he wanted a place to talk about knifes, he'd find one.

1. I was mainly just joking, I understand we have kids here.

2. Talking about Knives does not promote violence. A knife is a tool, and like any tool, in the wrong hands it can be a dangerous weapon. A freakin' laptop could be turned into a weapon for that matter. Come on, them desktop replacements would really suck if you got one slammed accross your face. :P

But Andy, not trying to invade your personal life or anything, but do you carry a knife? See, here's why you should: Some gangbangers decide they need some cash, and they're not holding any weapons, and they decide to kill you and take your money.

Now, there are two places to go from here:

1.when they approach, pull your knife out and they flee. If they don't attack one, don't try to kill him, and they'll all run off. Trust me, my stepdad's experiance.

2.let them rob you, rape you, then kill you. You can't depend on the police to come and defend you like that. They're for xpostfacto, (after the fact), not while an event is happening.

Now, sorry, I didn't mean to be so graphic, for the kids here, sorry, trust your parents will defend you if you're ever in that predicament. I know mine always did, of course, my mom was a countrygirl so she carried a knife and a box cutter. Trust me, everyone knew not to mess with her.

-Z

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:53 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
No, I do not carry a knife for the simple reason that I don't live in a place where knife crime is a problem, nor gun crime.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:27 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 SP1 x64
I fail to see the relevance to betas/software. Why the f**k do you want to talk about stuff like that here, of all places? Grow up, and go join a forum that's more suited to what you want to talk about. I thought kids were supposed to grow out of the whole "ohh, army, knives, guns, war, cool!" phase. As for the self defence bollox, again, who cares, that's not what this forum is about ... just my opinion ...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:48 pm 
FTP Access

1. I live a serious crime area. I won't leave my house unless I have some way to fight.

Quote:
I thought kids were supposed to grow out of the whole "ohh, army, knives, guns, war, cool!" phase. As for the self defence bollox, again, who cares

Ya know, most men love guns, most men love knives, and most men would go to war if they had to. But since this is a computer forum.. yeah. Like I said, I won't leave my house without a weapon, live in *the real world* for a week and you'll become just as paranoid. Besides, this isn't the computer section, this is general chat. IIRC this should be more like winboards, where you can say whatever.

I probably won't stop by as much anymore anyways, I'm gonna work on the Galaxie, once we get this done, we're gonna work on the Skylark or the Mustang. Don't really have much time for anything besides 467 and the carz.

BTW, if anyone wants to see those cars, I'll post pics later.

-Z
[/quote]

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:56 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
If we were winboards then that sort of talk would get out of hand and quickly destroy the whole reason this forum exists, which is why it is not permitted. Its not our problem you live in the area you do with the sorts of people you do. You're probably not a violent person, neither am I, or most of the people on this forum, but I'd appriciate it if you didn't bring that side of your life to the forum and discuss it so openly minded. This is a family forum, so to speak. We don't want that sort of discussion because it gives the place a bad atmosphere. I'm sure most people reading this will agree.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:12 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 SP1 x64
Just because you have to "deal with it in real life", doesn't mean the rest of us have to. There is a place and a time for everything, and this is not it. Nobody is saying that you shouldn't talk about this kinda stuff, just don't do it here, go and find a site/forum/community that does deal with such subjects. As Andy keeps pointing out, this is a forum for everybody, and as such, topics have to be moderated, and your subject is one of those that just isn't suited to this kind of forum, it's about sharing rare and interesting software, not stabbing nutters ...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:43 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Mac OS 9.2.2
I've got a solution to your crime problems.

Stop spending all your money on shitty cars, alcohol and drugs and save it

Then when you've got enough, buy a house.
Or hell, you could get a loan. Then you don't need to act all tough and carry a knife, because gang banging hicks wont attack you in the suburbs

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:25 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
HP keystroke RPL
I love knives

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:25 am 
Donator

*WHY* the hell are you talking about winboards when you constantly bagged it and refused to go to it?

And, wtf, knives. Does it make someone feel good knowing that they could stab someone? My area is terrible but noone takes knives with them.

Mod...admin...anyone, please lock this.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:55 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
HP keystroke RPL
Andy make us a knives and guns subforum quote this if you're down.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:12 am 
Donator

longviews posts makes BA more interesting ...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:30 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Yes, they do make it more interesting.

Locked by request.

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]