BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 17d, 10h, 51m | CPU: 8% | MEM: 5526MB of 11880MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:44 pm 
Donator

Quote:
Any comments on the two screenshots I made for you?

Ah, I thought they were really cool - it's so strange seeing everything reversed like that, and looking at it for too long actually makes my head spin because I'm so used to everything being the right way round - to have the start button on the right and the caption buttons on the left (and mirrored) is so strange! Odd that the Hebrew one seems to be nearly all English but reversed though...

Quote:
Any new words on the ThinkPad 570?

Nah, I'm probably going to seel it, I;ve decided. It just seems a bit pointless keeping it when someone a bit more adept with hardware than me could open it up and probably fix it in 5 minutes, to use it as it was intended. It's a great lapatop, so is wasted on me as I can't use it as a laptop.

[quote]And, by the way, I managed to win the auction for the 1999 MSDN subscription that has just ended. A lot more goodies to play around with. I'm very curious to see what's in there, I guess Win95, 98, NT4.0 and maybe some NT5.0/Win2000 betas :D

Ooh, well done! :) Let us know what you get! It’s a complete 1999 set is it, as that would be very cool! Mine are just loads of random bits from all different years. Hope it wasn’t too expensive :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:51 am 
FTP Access

If you want to make ISO's of all that (ir images), I can put an FTP up for you.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:59 am 
Donator

@Vista Ultimate R2
Why does your last post (at the beginning of the page) show it's been posted by me? What's going on there? :shock: :shock:

Anyway, yes, it's a bit difficult to get used to. As for the ThinkPad, I understand your point. What's the purpose of keeping it if there might be someone that can repair this thing and get some real use out of it? So, I think you've made a good decision by selling it.

I hope the set is complete, but we'll see when I get it. The MSDN sets I have are from some months of one year, i.e. from January to July 1997 or something like that. It depends on the shipment, I guess. Same (up to some degree) with the TechNet DVDs. No, it wasn't very expensive, I paid about 30 euros including shipment, don't know how much this is in UK pounds, though. Anyway, it wasn't too much for me, seeing that I got these TechNet goodies for free :)

@expert01
Thanks for your offer, but all these images would equal to several gigabytes of data (at least 10 GB), and uploading all that with a max. 16KB/s upload speed would take weeks...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:47 am 
Donator

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:
ppc_digger wrote:
I even have a Hebrew System 7.5.3

Wow - is that mirrored too? Where did you get it from?

It's not mirrored. I got it a long time ago from an Apple FTP.
Some screenshots:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
The welcome screen actually says "Macintosh at your service" instead of "Welcome to Macintosh".

It reminds me of the days when Macs were popular in Israel.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:49 pm 
FTP Access

You could make copies of all the discs and mail them to me :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:46 am 
FTP Access

its pretty cool that windows actually mirrors the way the text is read. i myself have been looking for russian windows just to see how they work. im curious if there are any mac oses in russian that are floating about?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:24 am 
Donator

@expert01
Would be a way, but a bit expensive, right? :wink:

@cooled
I think I have Russian Windows 2000 somewhere.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:51 am 
Donator

cooled wrote:
im curious if there are any mac oses in russian that are floating about?

Russian System 7.0.1.
Appearantly they didn't delete all the localized versions from that server (everything is gone at mirror.apple.com). There's just about any language there.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:07 am 
FTP Access

Cool :) Looks like they've got Arabic and other stuff on there too

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:25 pm 
Donator

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:
Cool :) Looks like they've got Arabic and other stuff on there too

Yes, it seems so. :)

PS: The NT 4.0 Server "Build 1209" you kindly uploaded for me (thanks again!) is actually build 1234, also known as Beta 1. I wouldn't be surprised if "Build 1304" is actually 1314 (Beta 2). :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:46 pm 
FTP Access

empireum wrote:
PS: The NT 4.0 Server "Build 1209" you kindly uploaded for me (thanks again!) is actually build 1234, also known as Beta 1. I wouldn't be surprised if "Build 1304" is actually 1314 (Beta 2). :)

That's strange - I just looked at the version number of the setup program to get those build numbers - maybe they didn't always update the setup program with every new build, like they seem to with Vista. I think the other one does say Beta 2 on it, so it probably is that one.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:01 pm 
Donator

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:
empireum wrote:

That's strange - I just looked at the version number of the setup program to get those build numbers - maybe they didn't always update the setup program with every new build, like they seem to with Vista. I think the other one does say Beta 2 on it, so it probably is that one.

Well, maybe it was not needed to update the setup program with every new build. :)

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2