HELP!!!!!!

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
st.alfonzo
Donator

HELP!!!!!!

Post by st.alfonzo »

I don't know what happened, but my desktop disappeared!
The desktop folder still has all of my programs, but they aren't showing up on the desktop. It won't respond when I right click also. Please HELP!!!

PS: Here's a picture

XDude
Donator

Post by XDude »

you made your icons disappear.
right click, select arrange icons by -> show desktop icons

longview
FTP Access

Post by longview »

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Let's sperg about hardware
E6410 - i5-560m, 8GB, WXGA+, NVS 3100M, Samsung SSD 830 128GB, WWAN, 9-cell, E-Port Plus Replicator
Desktop - i5-2500k (4.3 GHz TB), 8 GB, HD6950 2GB, 2x24" 1080p, Samsung SSD 830 128GB + 2 TB stripe, Xonar D2X

KCLiVES
Donator

Post by KCLiVES »

longview wrote:Have you tried turning it off and on again?
That made me LOL

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

KCLiVES wrote:
That made me LOL
Gotta love it

rws7
FTP Access

Post by rws7 »

that is very funny!

WinPC

Post by WinPC »

It's the very common piece of advice that never works! By the way, try reinstalling Windows. That might help.

st.alfonzo
Donator

oh...

Post by st.alfonzo »

I need to apologize... I just restarted my computer, and it went back to normal.

I ALSO need to apologize to unblestone for "subliminally assaulting" him in an attempt to convince him to upload the HL1 beta.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

There's a group policy setting which makes your icons disappear and another one which disables the ability to right-click as well, so my advice woulda been to check this one if a reboot hadn't fixed it.
WinPC wrote:It's the very common piece of advice that never works! Tongue By the way, try reinstalling Windows. That might help.
As if that were a good advice. Sometimes it's better to remain silent.

XDude
Donator

Post by XDude »

he must had a weird computer

Gnome
Staff

Post by Gnome »

Brill

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Oh lord.... reinstalling Windows never solves any real problems.... it's like if your car broke down... "toss it and buy a new one!"..... you need to find out why it happened, and sometimes even the simplest things (like a reboot or making a new account and move your stuff to it etc) will fix it. Reinstalling will only cause so much problems, and you will not have learned anything from it. And we all got friends that knows computers (and I am not talking about the wannabies, I am talking about the ppl that REALLY knows what they are doing) that will help you and fix it.

A reinstall should only be done in the absolute end, if Windows has totally crashed (which is does by YOUR hand, or faulty hardware etc (which a reinstall won't help anyway )) or if you messed up really bad and just want a fresh start.

Take the car to the repair shop, and don't be afraid of asking the guys what the problem was. Perhaps the next time you can fix it yourself if it's a minor problem.

=)
Official guidelines: The Definitive Guide to BetaArchive :: Abandonware
Channels: Discord :: Twitter