BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 24d, 15h, 37m | CPU: 37% | MEM: 5585MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Man fined for over-filling his bin by 4 inches        Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:36 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Man fined for over-filling his bin by 4 inches

Quote:
A father-of-three has been left with a criminal record for overfilling his wheelie bin by four inches.

Gareth Corkhill, 26, of Whitehaven, Cumbria, received a £110 fixed penalty notice after Copeland Council staff photographed his raised bin lid.

When he refused to pay he was taken to court where magistrates added a further £115 to the fixed penalty.

Copeland Council has defended its actions and pledged to continue to take action against overfilled wheelie bins.

Mr Corkhill said: "First I heard of it was from a neighbour who said someone had taken a picture of my wheelie bin, but I thought nothing of it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cumbria/7360147.stm

Really hit a nerve with me this story. Last bit where it says "recycle more", what if people have a big family? And what IF people have recycled all they can? [censored] stupid [censored] council [censored] cunts!!!

</rant>

Seriously, why does the council have to be so petty?

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:58 pm 
Donator

It happens. This happened to us quite a while back (not a fine but refusal to empty the bin) ...although now we've gone from one bin to four and two recycling bins.

Edit: and two greenwaste bins (lawn clippings, dead plants etc). That brings us to a total of 8 bins in a house of 6.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Man fined for over-filling his bin by 4 inches        Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:12 pm 
Donator

Andy wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cumbria/7360147.stm

Really hit a nerve with me this story. Last bit where it says "recycle more", what if people have a big family? And what IF people have recycled all they can? [censored] stupid [censored] council [censored] [censored]!!!

</rant>

Seriously, why does the council have to be so petty?

Well, that's just it. You don't KNOW the circumstances of the situation. Maybe there is a huge rat/badger/squirrel problem. Having the can open even those 4-inches is an invitation to rodents.

Also, I can't imagine that you are only allowed ONE bin... especially in a large family.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:18 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
You do only get ONE bin per household. You are not allowed any more. Extra has to be taken to a landfill yourself. I mean for crying out loud, its 4 inches. The guy whose bin it was could have squashed down 4 inches, but its not the point. Its totally unjustified. Round here everyone leaves their bins slightly open if they haven't squashed it down. I'd love to see someone fine us, because if they do, everyone will just get their own back by dumping their rubbish on the streets instead of using their bins. Believe me, our council will never fine us because we know they will cause riots if they do. Any council who does is just looking for trouble and is greedy for the money they get from the fine.

As I said in the OP, it really did touch a nerve this story.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:31 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
Here you get 2 bins.

1 gray and 1 green.
You can choose the 100 liters or 150 liters.

You can have more, but have to pay the extra bins.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:43 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
We get the same, one for household waste and one for garden waste, but the point is, they only get collected every alternate week. A family will easily fill their household waste one in a week let alone 2!!!

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:03 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
Andy wrote:
We get the same, one for household waste and one for garden waste, but the point is, they only get collected every alternate week. A family will easily fill their household waste one in a week let alone 2!!!

They have solved that problem here.

In the winter times (plus some other weeks) both bins are emptyed every week.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:20 pm 
We have a household of 7 people and only one recyce bin taken out every Tuesday. Sometimes the people that take them out and the bin is not closed propely they won't take it out.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:33 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Build 7600
Man its way different in my village in New York. We go to WalMart buy a garbage bin or as many as we need and throw whatever we want in it. Then the garbage guys come and take as much as we put out. 1 bin wouldnt last us a week and we are a family of four but i guess thats americans for you.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:41 am 
Donator

In my town in Nova Scotia, we are allowed 6 bags of common garbage once every two weeks, the other weeks we can have up to 11 bags of recyclables. Every week we can set out a big green wheeled bin full of food compost.

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]