[eBay] Massive job lot of computer parts!

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
bob
FTP Access

[eBay] Massive job lot of computer parts!

Post by bob »

A friend of mine asked me to spam this about the forums I browse. Its gotta be worth a bid to people wanting to run old OSes on real pcs.

-> Click <-

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Wow. He's only down the road from me as well so I could pick up. Shame I have no money or I'd probably bid on it and have the lot

Gnome
Staff

Post by Gnome »

Holy [censored]!
now i wouldent mind all of that.
Might ask my dad.

RentedMule
Donator

Post by RentedMule »

It is all garbage. I used to keep EVERYTHING like that, picking up computers and parts from good will and yard sales.

What it comes down to is, these machines can't do much of anything useful anymore. Sometimes you find a purpose for one, such as running an old OS, but even at that point, you only need one... and you have to deal with its terribly inefficient use of power.

My wife is grateful about it too... now instead of 20x 486's, I've kept one for each style of processor and ram. The rest is essentially junk. Especially when you figure in the cost of shipping (this is one of those things where you pick it up if you have a truck and live near by. Then you can rummage for the few useful/exotic parts and recycle the rest)

hypr
Donator

Post by hypr »

I don't really need anything, I may try and snag a old 386 or 486 or something and hope to find a good compatible Ethernet card for it.

therock247uk
Donator

Post by therock247uk »

Woah alot of parts!

Bender
Donator

Post by Bender »

Useless s**t.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; mimic; rv:9.3.2) Clecko/20120101 Classilla/CFM
"Stupid can opener! You killed my father, and now you've come back for me!"

hougtimo
FTP Access

Post by hougtimo »

Depending on the price they go for there is room for a nice bit of profit there (yes, it can be done - i do it for a living).

If anyone wants old PCs (well, most of the stuff isn't that old) contact local businesses (evans halshaw is one of my biggest customers) as they now have to pay to get rid of old equipment. Charge 'em £25 to pick them all up then eBay time. Very lucrative.

Jeff
Donator

Post by Jeff »

Too bad I don't live in the UK. I would pick these up.
-Jeff

RichardG867
FTP Access

Post by RichardG867 »

I'm not in UK too.

Good pieces, anyone will need them.