BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 9d, 4h, 18m | CPU: 79% | MEM: 2952MB of 8095MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: The crap involving KenOath        Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:13 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Hello all,

You may or may not know about the crap that made KenOath leave again. Not only was it a combination of myself being slightly selfish in a PM to him, but it also involved a lot of other people and unprovable accusations.

I would like to state now, that ANYBODY involved with this, who decides to keep it in the atmosphere and confinement of the BA forum, WILL receive a ban with IMMEDIATE EFFECT if it is discussed in ANY shape or form. It has gone too far now, and not only am I sick of it but other members are leaving because its impact.

I will be giving NO warnings over who gets banned and when, you will simply get a banned message. Nothing more. My suggestion is think about what you are going to say, stop accusing people, and stop the crap in general.

I'm trying my best to keep BA a nice place. I wasn't even supposed to be involved in this dispute, but unfortunately I have been dragged into it and I am very much so a part of it. I don't want to be, so I am taking the necessary action. I want KenOath to return, but he probably never will now being this his second time leaving, so just think... please.

Thank you to everyone who isn't involved in this and would like to keep it that way and thanks to anyone trying to help. Everyone else involved that just won't stop, well, just grow up. Forgive and forget. Its not difficult.

Andy (Admin)

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:16 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Vista SP1
Exact details...?

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:17 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Xammer wrote:
Exact details...?

If you don't already know the story, you don't need to know, and the only advice is just don't get involved and you'll be 100% fine.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:25 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
I appreciate this.

I am sick of this war, we already lost some members and it seems that this is the only way to keep the standard here. Unfortunately some people who are involved in this war forgot that this about what they are arguing is only software and that this is the internet, not the real life....

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:28 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
D.Konieczny wrote:
I appreciate this.

I am sick of this war, we already lost some members and it seems that this is the only way to keep the standard here. Unfortunately some people who are involved in this war forgot that this about what they are arguing is only software and that this is the internet, not the real life....

Couldn't have put the words better myself.

Remember, I have only ever banned 3 people from this forum, ever. A spammer, do not banned and toshua123. I think for over 18 months online, thats good.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:08 pm 
Donator

Shouldn't this be added to the rules?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:09 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Windows OCManage wrote:
Shouldn't this be added to the rules?

No. If someone hasn't read it thats their fault. Its here to be read, so if its ignored, its the users fault.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:16 pm 
Donator

could we not make any comments about kenOath?
honestly, it has been very annoying to keep mentioning him.
he did something wrong, we insulted him, that was the past, now is the present. So people should stop thinking of the past.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:18 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Sure you can talk about KenOath but not about how he is apparently a faker etc. Keep conversation civilised.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:51 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro x64
I'm back tho ;)
I wasn't sure about all of this I kept it away from me, for the time when i just came back.
Please KenOath come back.

I-i-it's n-not as if I wanted to ban you or anything. B-baka. (「・ω・)「

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:00 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Chicago (hometown pride)
I have been a quiet bystander throughout much of what has happened on BA recently, but I must say that I am absolutely outraged about the actions of some members who shall remain nameless. I can understand Ken's choice, being subject to so many taunts and accusations that have persisted this long would cause me to leave, too. This argument has been over a couple megabytes of ones and zeroes. This dispute has caused some of our arguably best members and contributors (NOT just KenOath) to leave this forum. Everything that has happened recently has cost this forum its high stature and undoubtable integrity. Do we really want this to be the argument that tears this forum apart? Andy's actions, although deemed harsh by some, are needed desperately to effectively put this silly fued behind us.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:09 am 
Donator

AnDrEwP182 wrote:
I have been a quiet bystander throughout much of what has happened on BA recently, but I must say that I am absolutely outraged about the actions of some members who shall remain nameless. I can understand Ken's choice, being subject to so many taunts and accusations that have persisted this long would cause me to leave, too. This argument has been over a couple megabytes of ones and zeroes. This dispute has caused some of our arguably best members and contributors (NOT just KenOath) to leave this forum. Everything that has happened recently has cost this forum its high stature and undoubtable integrity. Do we really want this to be the argument that tears this forum apart? Andy's actions, although deemed harsh by some, are needed desperately to effectively put this silly fued behind us.

I agree. This forum is tearing itself apart with all of the members causing problems and "hurting peoples feelings"(excuse the use of a "Kindergardenish" term, but it fits its purpose).

The good things about this forum are draining away with this fighting, and I have also been considering leaving.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:07 am 
Permanently Banned

I'm going to give a few words here, probably not worded the best, but worded the best I can with my epilepsy going off all night and waking up with a 103* fever.

KenOath probably was a good contributor towards the scene. I don't know much, I joined OSBA and later here, just mainly as a place to socialize when I was bored. If people are going to treat you like sh*t then you're going to avoid it, natural human reaction. Online or off, it's no different. The one big credit I will give him is he didn't dramatize over it, because I didn't notice anything at all.

I'm not vouching for anybody's behavior, just because this is the Internet really shouldn't give you the right to flame/dramatize/be hateful towards anybody else, yet again, I believe fully in free speech. It rather contridicts each other, and a fine line really should be drawn on what's acceptable and what's not. Am I rude sometimes? Sure. It's just who I am. I can be a jackass sometimes in life, but I've never been known to be enough of one to totally make someone "do something extreme", for lack of a better term.

I guess what I'm really trying to get at is, if you're going to leave, don't make a ton of drama. Also, don't do enough crap to make anyone leave. On different places online, there's different tolerances of acceptance of behavior. Most of it is common sense too, some people are too young to realise it, or some people really don't want to conform to it, hence, in my opinion they shouldn't be online.

I probably didn't word this the best way. It's my 2c though. Probably rather harsh, but it's 100% reality.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:36 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Neptune/Whistler2419/Linux Mint
KenOath is a good friend, i dont blame him for leaving, thats all i.ll say.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:43 pm 
FTP Access

Well, I didn't really know much about KenOath except that he's been a pretty well known name in certain circles, he seemed like a decent bloke all round from what I saw of him.

Shame sometimes people can't just drop the subject but it's much online as it is off which is, again, a shame, but those we meet AFK are the people we meet online, only in different circumstances and over longer distances. Still, I've come to the conclusion that it's only worth trying to put up with something or fix it for a certain length of time. Knowing that KenOath's been around a while both here and elsewhere I think he did well to tolerate "stuff".

Still, I don't really know what this is about and as has been said, since I wasn't part of "it" then I don't need to. Good luck to those who've left though in whatever comes next, cheers for your input.

I never was any good at being direct and not beating around the bush... ho-hum, y'all get my point, I'm sure. May BA, its members and ex-members live happily ever after.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:58 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 98 SE 4.10.2222B
- AnDrEwP182: Just one question, when you said "members, who shall remain name-less", were you referring to me?

Modified by ChasingVertigo for clarity of meaning

Check out our SoftHistory Forum for quality discussion about older software.

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:40 am 
Donator

Removed because the point of the post was completely edited out.

Last edited by RentedMule on Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:39 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
It doesn't matter -who- is being talked about. They know who they are, and it has to stop, now.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:32 pm 
FTP Access

This all seems a bit childish.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:33 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
expert01 wrote:

It has been right from the start. Nobody knows why its still carrying on, and because it is carrying on, I've had to take the measures above. So far, nobody has disregarded it.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:15 am 
Donator

expert01 wrote:

This IS childish.

I think enough is said and that this should be closed now.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: God D*mn it! ;-)        Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:11 am 
Donator

WHEN THE H*LL WILL YOU CHILDISH ****S LEARN THERE'S MORE TO LIFE THAN SOFTWARE!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

KIDDING!
:D but seriously Ken0ath is also a person like everyone else, and shouldn't be flamed to death. i hope on of the "unspeakable names" is reading this, as they are holding a grudge rivaling my aunts record.(which is kinda scary, as she still remembers things i did when i was three...) But then again, im going by memory so if i offended someone, i apologize. :oops: [/b]

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: God D*mn it! ;-)        Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:12 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
st.alfonzo wrote:
WHEN THE H*LL WILL YOU CHILDISH ****S LEARN THERE'S MORE TO LIFE THAN SOFTWARE!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

KIDDING!
:D but seriously Ken0ath is also a person like everyone else, and shouldn't be flamed to death. i hope on of the "unspeakable names" is reading this, as they are holding a grudge rivaling my aunts record.(which is kinda scary, as she still remembers things i did when i was three...) But then again, im going by memory so if i offended someone, i apologize. :oops: [/b]

Interesting life*spam*story there...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:04 am 
Donator

This thread seems to have gone far offtopic.

Closed

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]