BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 16d, 19h, 46m | CPU: 15% | MEM: 5393MB of 11705MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: Adobe Creative Cloud is NO GOOD!        Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:36 am 
FTP Access

Adobe (Systems), Inc. has gone too far with their subscription-only licensing model,
so it's time for that company to restart the development of Creative Suite 7!

But in order for that to happen in the future, someone must start a petition in Change.org...

Last edited by ibmpcat5170 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Adobe Creative Cloud is NO GOOD!        Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:30 am 
Donator

Thank you for this exciting rant!

Subscription models are superior to one-off licenses. They are obviously easier to use, since you just pay regularly for the service and it makes sure that you are up to date. You no longer have to go through Adobe customer service if you wanted to switch your license to a different platform, since the subscription is platform-agnostic! Not to mention that the subscription offers more benefits. It's Creative Cloud after all.

And it is quite more favorable. The CC photography plan is $9.99 per month. Photoshop CS6 cost $699 ($999 for Extended, which is more equivalent to the CC version). That is 70 months (or 100) of Photoshop, but you don't get stuck on a single version for 6 or 8 years and have access to Lightroom, 20 GB of cloud storage, and some other stuff! Another comparison: $52.99 monthly for the all apps plan, $2599 for CS6 Master Collection. That's 50 months.

Last edited by James on Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Removed the trolling image macro. Please show some maturity.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Adobe Creative Cloud is NO GOOD!        Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:24 pm 
Donator

AlphaBeta wrote:
Subscription models are superior to one-off licenses.

For software that constantly changes like the CC suite, sure. But for more "static" programs, the option of a lifetime license for a specific major version makes sense.

I do agree that in this case a subscription model really is the way to go.

Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Adobe Creative Cloud is NO GOOD!        Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:21 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
MacOS 9.2.2
AlphaBeta: In the future, please refrain from posting immature image macros in response to user threads. Thanks.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Adobe Creative Cloud is NO GOOD!        Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:12 am 
FTP Access

To be fair, I can see why a subscription model is annoying. Sure, you get new features, but I think most of them wouldn't care much and would just want on that 'works'.
It's the same with Office - I think 90 - 95% of users will be just as fine with Office 2010 rather than going for Office 365...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Adobe Creative Cloud is NO GOOD!        Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:26 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
All Windows versions
x010 wrote:
To be fair, I can see why a subscription model is annoying. Sure, you get new features, but I think most of them wouldn't care much and would just want on that 'works'.
It's the same with Office - I think 90 - 95% of users will be just as fine with Office 2010 rather than going for Office 365...

Don't forget to mention how Adobe sometimes likes to constantly increase their subscription payments. I remember back in 2017, Creative Cloud only costed $19 a month, but two years later, it went up to $29 a month. I don't use Adobe, but I know about that because I saw it on their website. Sometimes I find that a bit wrong :?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Adobe Creative Cloud is NO GOOD!        Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:07 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
x010 wrote:

Heh, I'm fine with Office 2003 and 2007. Newer versions made office so bloated running 2016 on a Core 2 is as slow as molasses.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Adobe Creative Cloud is NO GOOD!        Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:14 pm 
FTP Access

There was a petition for Adobe to restart the development of Creative Suite 7 here, but it failed miserably.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Adobe Creative Cloud is NO GOOD!        Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:09 am 
FTP Access

There must be a way to make Adobe Inc. restart the development of Creative Suite 7!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Adobe Creative Cloud is NO GOOD!        Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:47 pm 
Donator

ibmpcat5170 wrote:
There must be a way to make Adobe Inc. restart the development of Creative Suite 7!

There is not. It will never happen, since it wouldn't make any business sense whatsoever.

Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Adobe Creative Cloud is NO GOOD!        Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:50 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
IRIX 5.3
If we assume that most users are company users anyway, then a subscription model makes actually a lot of sense. It's the endless CapEx vs. OpEx debate. And from my experience, more and more companies try to shift more and more to OpEx because it's cheaper and easier for them.

I agree that for a few home users it's less than ideal, but the money is in companies, and for them it makes sense as AlphaBeta already calculated above

Top  Profile