BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 19d, 23h, 2m | CPU: 19% | MEM: 5821MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: How does the site look on Windows XP in 2019        Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:45 am 

Favourite OS
Probably 95 or XP
Idk if this goes here, so, Staff and Admins please move this to the appropriate section if this isn't the right subforum for this.

How does the site look in 2019 on Windows XP? I am using Firefox 43 for this with 1024x768 resolution on an IBM ThonkPad T23.

I think it still looks good today. BTW I'm posting this on my thonkpad.

mrpijey wrote:
Or someone slipped on a banana peel, fell backwards and accidently hit both the betaarchive.com and "DDoS Express" buttons at the same time.
[/color]

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How does the site look on Windows XP in 2019        Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:51 am 

Favourite OS
Windows Vista
Not very surprising at all. This site isn't particularly complicated for browsers to render; hell, my 3DS browser renders it nearly flawlessly.

#8032forbrian came true

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How does the site look on Windows XP in 2019        Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:22 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 2000 SP4 and XP SP3
In fact, before BA switched to forced HTTPS, it even rendered perfectly fine in Internet Explorer 6. If someone was able to patch in support for more modern security into IE 6, I'll almost guarantee that it'll still render fine.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: How does the site look on Windows XP in 2019        Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:45 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2012 R2 9785
Windows OS wrote:
In fact, before BA switched to forced HTTPS, it even rendered perfectly fine in Internet Explorer 6. If someone was able to patch in support for more modern security into IE 6, I'll almost guarantee that it'll still render fine.

windows 2000/windows xp and xp x64 can get secure connections on ie6 by installing specific updates.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How does the site look on Windows XP in 2019        Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:59 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows NT 4.0
DragonWars wrote:
windows 2000/windows xp and xp x64 can get secure connections on ie6 by installing specific updates.

Could you tell us, which ones?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How does the site look on Windows XP in 2019        Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:54 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
All Windows versions
vareu wrote:
DragonWars wrote:

Could you tell us, which ones?

I think for IE6 in Windows XP, you would need the April 2008 update for IE6 SP3, as that has the latest updates included with XP SP3. I think it might work in the x64 edition of XP as well.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How does the site look on Windows XP in 2019        Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:58 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows NT 4.0
Ow, you are talking about IE v6.0. But what about v8.0 - is there the same problem with it?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How does the site look on Windows XP in 2019        Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:19 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
All Windows versions
vareu wrote:
Ow, you are talking about IE v6.0. But what about v8.0 - is there the same problem with it?

When it comes to different versions of a program for a certain operating system, then I don't think it would have the same problem as another version. I guess I just thought you were asking about IE6 updates, since you were asking that question to the person who mentioned updates for IE6...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How does the site look on Windows XP in 2019        Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:03 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
NT3.X Family
I remember the site worked with a 2k system on ie5 without the high encryption hotfix.

To be expected from a site that uses basic php and html without heavy scripting.

Top  Profile