BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 9d, 2h, 3m | CPU: 59% | MEM: 1896MB of 4271MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Bricked Friends PSP...        Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:19 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
xboxkrnld.15574
Well, Today, my friend wanted me to downgrade his psp for him, so i whipped out my pandoras battery and magic memory stick and got to work, unfortunately I chose to use my NAND dump to flash over his... BIG MISTAKE! As most PSP homebrewers know, the IDStorage is unique to each psp, Now, hes got my UMD decryption code and my region (japan, his is UK) on his psp, so a: It won't play UMDs and b: It won't update

I have to give him my japanese gold PSP tomorrow... Does anyone know if theres a way I can work out 0x100 to 0x105 in IDStorage? If you know, can you reply here? If I can get his working hopefully he'll trade back

Thanks Guys

-Leon

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:38 pm 
Donator

I don't know how you downgraded, but if yu used the exploit, it should work.
The PSP is orginally region free with games, so if it doesn't play any UMDs, youre in big trouble.

Go check out oandora's battery, http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/news/pandoras-battery.html
it may help you, and you would need boty psps to use it i believe.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:36 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
WFW 3.11/Win 98SE
hmmm... psp hacking, right up my alley,
first, did you have a Custom Firmware installed? if you did, use recovery mode (hold the r trigger after cold rebooting) to change the region of the psp in question,

if not, did you leave his firmware at version 1.50? if you did id upgrade his psp to 3.80 m33, the latest custom firmware, then all will fall back into place

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:24 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4015.lab06
I think that he used despertar del cementario.

So, i think, just install despertar again. Use it on his PSP again but choose "Install 3.71 M33" or, if you are using the newer one, "Install 3.80 M33". After this is done, reset his settings, and go to the recovery menu and you will see a part called Fake Region. Put this to us or japan or whatever he wants.

Oh and PS. 3.90m33-2 is the newest FW.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:48 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
WFW 3.11/Win 98SE
oh, my bad, never really kept anything after 3.71 m33-4, some of my favorite apps refused to run on anything after that (3.80m33 and up).

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:31 am 
Donator

teriaki 511 wrote:
oh, my bad, never really kept anything after 3.71 m33-4, some of my favorite apps refused to run on anything after that (3.80m33 and up).

you need to install the 1.50 kernel seperately.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:00 am 
FTP Access

This is a bit more complicated than just running the program, he corrupted the IDstorage keys on the PSP. This is out of my range of knowledge (one of the few PSP things I haven't really studied), I would probably try posting this at one of the main PSP homebrew sites (you'll probably have more luck there).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:49 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074
I think you will have to use a Modchip now...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:58 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4015.lab06
Well, if he can get in, he should run Chilly Willy's KeyCleaner.

It fixes IDStorage keys, i believe. You used to have to use it to fix keys after you downgraded a 2.71 TA-082.

If the KeyCleaner won't fix it, i don't know what will.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:02 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
xboxkrnld.15574
Dr Eggman wrote:
Well, if he can get in, he should run Chilly Willy's KeyCleaner.

It fixes IDStorage keys, i believe. You used to have to use it to fix keys after you downgraded a 2.71 TA-082.

If the KeyCleaner won't fix it, i don't know what will.

Ive tried it, It don't fix the UMD Decryption keys (unique to each psp)

It can still play homebrew though, It just can't update or play UMD disks

All I need a psp for is homebrew so since I broke it, I traded his for mine

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:12 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4015.lab06
Ok then,

If it can't play UMD's then can't you run iso's or they dont work either? But one question: If he wanted a Downgrade, why did you choose Restore Physical Dump Manually (Dangerous!)? Because I've downgraded many PSP's and never did this. Even Japanese one's like your friends. They all install the same. Well, lesson learned i guess. But now on, you know the proper way to Downgrade a PSP!

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:46 pm 
Donator

Dr Eggman wrote:
Ok then,

If it can't play UMD's then can't you run iso's or they dont work either? But one question: If he wanted a Downgrade, why did you choose Restore Physical Dump Manually (Dangerous!)? Because I've downgraded many PSP's and never did this. Even Japanese one's like your friends. They all install the same. Well, lesson learned i guess. But now on, you know the proper way to Downgrade a PSP!

the proper way to dwngrade is to look it up on the interent, and read forums of what happen when they used a method to downgrade.
If most say it works well, then that's how you should downgrade.

and downgrading program should apply the correct patch for your psp, like the TI-82 boards need a patch and etc.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:13 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
xboxkrnld.15574
Dr Eggman wrote:
Ok then,

I didn't see the new Pandoras Battery IPLs, so I thought that if I apply my NAND dump onto his, It'll put 3.90 onto his ONLY, Guess I'm screwed (I havent tried isos yet)

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]