BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 15d, 19h, 36m | CPU: 9% | MEM: 5273MB of 11686MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: Dumping a SecuROM DVD        Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:46 pm 
FTP Access

Hello! I've been having trouble trying to dump and play a DVD game that uses SecuROM 7. I dumped it as MDS/MDF using Alcohol 120% and mounted it using Daemon Tools Lite. I'm using Windows 10, but I'm running it through an XP VM. I made sure to use the SecuROM preset, and Alcohol 120% claims that it successfully got the DPM information. Despite all this, SecuROM stops the game from running, and it does indeed work when I use the original disc instead of the image. What can I do about this?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Dumping a SecuROM DVD        Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:50 pm 
FTP Access

Sometimes, it helps to copy the files in a folder-based transfer, clones aren't always reliable, especially in converted or emulated formats. In other words, copy the disc as a folder, not as an image.

Top  Profile  WWW