BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 53d, 16h, 23m | CPU: 16% | MEM: 5733MB of 10636MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: A joke        Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:05 pm 
This place is a joke, I cannot imagine why anyone of any moral worth would waste thier
time here, taking insults from children, a sixth of thier age whilst going unpunished.
The posts by these children are meaningless, unbased, and unfounded without any facts,
and when questioned, go on to insult.
No wonder people are leaving, the place is a haven for kiddies and thier insubordinate attitude.
Good riddance.

Its easy to see why that alexis guy left.

Last edited by Unknown on Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPost subject: Re: A joke        Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:07 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Unknown wrote:
This place is a joke, I cannot imagine why anyone of any moral worth would waste thier
time here, taking insults from children, a sixth of thier age whilst going unpunished.
The posts by these children are meaningless, unbased, and unfounded without any facts,
No wonder people are leaving, the place is a haven for kiddies and thier insubordinate attitude.
Good riddance.

So who has left? KenOath? He had good reason, however he has returned.

Who else has left that was a valued member? I'd love for you to enlighten me.

Remember some members come here to get access to the beta's and then leave. Thats how its always happened.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: A joke        Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:11 pm 
Andy wrote:
Unknown wrote:
Good riddance.

Remember some members come here to get access to the beta's and then leave. Thats how its always happened.

wheres empirum, he was one of the few members here who actually made a post worth reading, he seems to
be here less and less, in fact, most of your moderating team spend very little time here, seems to me
the writing is on the wall, and you just dont see it.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:16 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Well when you consider that most of the moderators are in different time zones to me, you can expect them to be around "less" in your case, unless you view the forum 24 hours a day, which I expect you don't. Nearly every time I log on, there is at least one moderator online. Infact last night I logged on and 3 of them were on at the same time.

Like most people on the forum, empireum probably has a life and doesn't spend every waking hour on the forum. When he does make a post, yes, its valuable, but just because he is posting less doesn't mean he is slipping away from the forum. There has to be something worth talking about for people to want to post.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:17 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
HP keystroke RPL
Haha, you made this thread because me and zchri9 called you on being an internet tough guy!

If anything I think we need less tight moderating, but that's just me, a lot of people (like you, for instance) seem to take the internet very seriously.

The joke is that it took you almost an hour to make this thread.

E: Namronia! Get in here and flame this guy while he's stunned!

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: A joke        Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:31 pm 
Andy wrote:

Well, i'm here, but it's only just, I have to say he's partly right about the insults
bit, I won't tolerate it, but then I come from a strict background where
discipline was enforced to the letter, & my own kids are angels as a result,
according to most places they go to...
So the age gap here can be a problem for that reason I guess...

PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:43 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
HP keystroke RPL
If you feel insulted by posts made, why don't you call them on it? Consider what's worse, a forum full of people who insult eachother or a forum full of passive agressive posters who go complaining to the admins every time someone says something you disagree with.

(Also I don't have anything against you I just don't like the way you manually break the lines in your posts, it makes them difficult to read.)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:52 pm 
Donator

longview wrote:
E: Namronia! Get in here and flame this guy while he's stunned!

To say it out loud, posts like these (and the insults mentioned by various people) are the reason why I can't be bothered to spend my time here anymore. Unknown has a good point. If I hadn't had a very good reason (which is my own business) to stay here I'd probably already have left. That may sound harsh, but it's the truth.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:22 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Longview, that was out of order. Flaming is a bannable offence with no questions asked, so please, do not promote such actions.

It has now come to a point where members are getting unhappy with the way this forum is run, and I intend to change that because I hate to see unhappy members, and I would hate to see this forum fall apart because of it.

Unknown has left, so there is nothing left to say regarding this topic, so I feel it necessary to lock it. Any complaints about this, please PM me.

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]