Weather in America vs. in the UK

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
st.alfonzo
Donator

Weather in America vs. in the UK

Post by st.alfonzo »

Is the weather in the UK as unpredictable as the weather in Indiana?
A few days ago it was around 50-70 degrees Fahrenheit, but then next day, we had 2 inches of snow!

(excuse my poor grammar, I just got out of bed)

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

Here in the netherlands we had it to.

About 10 degrees (celcius) and the next morning snow (then about -6 celcius).
I havend seen snow for 3 years (before that we always had snow in the winter) but now its snowed in march.

Dr Eggman
FTP Access

Post by Dr Eggman »

You people are lucky!

Where i live in Canada (Toronto to be exact) if you add up all the snow we've gotten since ~December, January, it comes up to 170cm!

And i had to shovel all that!

I am The Eggman! -The Doctor
Like Pictures? Bored? Check out some Photography and "Like" it! Check it out here!

fzajac
Donator

Post by fzajac »

hmmm
It's pretty nice weather in Poland today. A sunny day. The temperature? About 15C. I havent seen serious snow since november btw.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Yesterday it was sunny all day and today its raining with high winds

AviK
FTP Access

Post by AviK »

We have bulls#it here in Latvia, there was no winter at all. Christmas and new year was all dry. 5 years back we used to have -20 cel. But this winter it was around -2 to -4 max. I have only one word to this- GLOBAL WARMING.

WinPC

Post by WinPC »

I think where I live (which isn't in Europe), it used to snow mainly in December and January, but one year (2004), there was snow in November for two days, and then there was very little snow, even on Christmas, and on that day it was very sunny out side. After 2005 came, it snowed sometime in January, and the snow wouldn't melt until sometime in April. I think that was the longest we had snow. After that, for us, it usually snows in December, and January, and we're usually still prone to getting snow in February. However, last night it just rained, and today, it's all gloomy and wet, and we currently have no snow. Also, I heard that one time, back around 1997, we had a snowstorm in April.

hypr
Donator

Post by hypr »

I live about an hour from Toronto, (towards Kitchener) and we are getting a good dumping of snow ; I am totally looking forward to going to Manchester UK to meet some friends in July though.

XDude
Donator

Post by XDude »

this world is getting crazzzzzzy

hypr
Donator

Post by hypr »

hmm, the thing is we can't really do much about it, it depends on the weather in space like if there is a lot of solar flares then there will be some warm periods.

tristan
Donator

Post by tristan »

DjRob wrote:Here in the netherlands we had it to.

About 10 degrees (celcius) and the next morning snow (then about -6 celcius).
I havend seen snow for 3 years (before that we always had snow in the winter) but now its snowed in march.
yeah, it sucked, but now it's 10 degrees again .

st.alfonzo
Donator

Post by st.alfonzo »

So it's pretty much the same every where...
CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!

Peteski
FTP Access

Post by Peteski »

Andy wrote:Yesterday it was sunny all day and today its raining with high winds
today at work it was incredibly sunny, i was sitting outside with a drink until i was told to get back to damn work.
about an hour later it was chucking it down.

and then on monday we're predicted to have have the worst storm in 10 years.

happy dude
Donator

Post by happy dude »

come to Australia. Where I am were currently in the middle of a heatwave...another 40c+ day...although I wouldnt say thats really hot, when it gets to 45cish (which it does) then I might be a bit hot...

WinPC

Post by WinPC »

happy dude wrote:come to Australia. Where I am were currently in the middle of a heatwave...another 40c+ day...although I wouldnt say thats really hot, when it gets to 45cish (which it does) then I might be a bit hot...
You Austrailians are in a different hemisphere than us. Where we live, back in December, January, and parts of February, we had snow, but it's all melted now.

hypr
Donator

Post by hypr »

interesting fact is that in the summer you come here to the Golden Horseshoe (Toronto area) you will face those same temps here sometimes

teriaki 511
FTP Access

Post by teriaki 511 »

last monday, here in western NY, it made it to about 70~75 F for no reason, now they're calling for some huge blizzard out of nowhere! Insanity!

ddrmaxromance
FTP Access

Post by ddrmaxromance »

Global Warming
Since January 2005, I've been in the Operating Systems Prototype Community. I've enjoyed learning more these past four years about the development of the Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as learning of new user-based projects that optimize system performance.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Storms are due to hit the UK tonight. We're to expect 80MPH winds, very heavy rain, sleet, hail and snow. Oh joy...

hypr
Donator

Post by hypr »

I have a friend in Manchester and another in Wrightington who told me they rarely get much snow.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

hypr wrote:I have a friend in Manchester and another in Wrightington who told me they rarely get much snow.
He's right, the UK doesn't, but when we do, its usually not that bad anyway. Maybe a foot or so, nothing much more.

InsaneNutter
FTP Access

Post by InsaneNutter »

Peteski wrote:
Andy wrote:Yesterday it was sunny all day and today its raining with high winds
and then on monday we're predicted to have have the worst storm in 10 years.
Everyone keeps saying that, i just think it will be a bit more windy than usual. Lets hope so anyway.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Well its morning and we have winds of 80mph, heavy rain and lots more to follow. The main motorways are closed to high-sided vehicles and many flights are canceled. Also ferries are canceled and railways have had temporary speed limits imposed.

If thats not bad, I'd like to know what is

hypr
Donator

Post by hypr »

What should I expect for weather in UK for July?

st.alfonzo
Donator

I had An Idea

Post by st.alfonzo »

What if there was a, for lack of a better word, Weather Reporter on this site, where you entered your location, and it spat out your forecast?
I would seem fitting, as I see some people on this topic are asking what the weather would be in their area. Oh, and in NE Indiana, the snow is melting and birds are singing!