BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 1d, 4h, 47m | CPU: 16% | MEM: 1909MB of 3067MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: VMWare hanging on boot?        Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:11 pm 
Donator

Just recently, I've noticed that on my laptop when I go to run VMWare 5 workstation, every now and then I'll boot up a virtual machine, and it just hangs on the VMWare logo bios screen. It doesn't get past the Starting... bar, which is quite odd. There's nothing else using my CPU, my machine is far from slow (Core 2 Duo T7200) and I'm pretty sure I don't have a virus (Norton was forced onto me by a system admin at school :( )

Any ideas? I tried reinstalling and it didn't seem to fix it...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:48 am 
Donator

I find this happens with me when I have lots of applications open. I think it is scrambling for virtual memory (I can have a 1024 Mem VM with only 1024 physical ram). If you dont think system mem is the problem, drop the virtual memory for that virtual machine down and see what happens.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:49 am 
Donator

Did you check if there are any incompatibilities listed with VMware 5 and your CPU? Which 5.x version are you using exactly?

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]