BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 29d, 4h, 32m | CPU: 15% | MEM: 5771MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: The Axel Project - Reunion and Release        Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:42 am 

Hi all,

A couple of the TAP members had a reunion recently and we realized that we've never seen a leak project with released assets and code.

We spent a lot of time fighting problems with the engine and content. A lot of progress was made, and TAP is by no means complete, but we've all moved on.

As a gift to what remains of the community, we are releasing what was our current source tree and content files.
We wanted to contribute back to both BetaArchive (I myself have been a long long time lurker) and the leak community. We've decided the best way to do that is to release assets and code. All of it.

Unfortunately, we're unable to provide support for this release.
But we do hope people find the code and content itself useful. If you do end up using any of it in your projects, we'd appreciate a shout out :).
I'd like to thank lucas93, ynh, Inevitble13, Ben5015se, AlexGordon, CoolGMan, SuperBird, and anyone else that I have forgotten, it's been a very long time.

Pending FTP approval, the content and src will be on the private FTP.

In the meantime, this is where I get off.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Axel Project - Reunion and Release        Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:26 am 
Administrator

Unfortunately we do not store custom projects on the FTP, but you could upload your release to a public share and link it in your post.

Personally I am not aware of what "The Axel Project" is, but for those that are I think a public link would be nice, to save all your work.

Thanks for sharing.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: The Axel Project - Reunion and Release        Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:12 pm 
FTP Access

Turns out raynorpat can't post (since he's not approved yet). On his behalf, I am posting the following links to TAP:

Content:
https://mega.nz/#!MaxChBqS!4Vhb3OaLllKy ... lwD0ZlRnIE

Source:
https://mega.nz/#!EKIFgYqS!DoARTZAnbhBL ... zWbzc11-UM

@mrpijey:
The Axel Project is basically a fixup of the HL2 leak. What we're releasing today is basically the code and content for our version of the engine.

We had a lot of fun working on this project. HL2 holds a lot of good memories for us. We hope everyone finds this stuff useful and/or entertaining. :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Axel Project - Reunion and Release        Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:57 pm 
FTP Access

Ex-TAP member here, I endorse this.

Some quick notes about this release:
* HDR - same entities as retail, custom implementation.
* TF2 - I don't remember the state we left it in (wasn't our main focus, just something I worked on when I got sick of HL2). We could play janky multiplayer matches though.
* About half of the story is extracted and playable (in small chunks) from the Valve map source leak. Can be found in mapsrc\story.
* Build the engine using the scripts under 'src\build'. They require Python (I don't remember which version, but the script was made circa-2010 so try versions around that time). You might be able to just build using the solution files under 'src\build\msvc'.
* In general this drop was going to be TAP R2.1. It was mainly working on the stability issues of R2 and adding little changes to make the game feel more solid.
* The last commit to this codebase was on 2013/02/01.
* If you value your sanity don't try and update the projects away from VS2010.

We all look back fondly at our time on TAP. This release serves as TAP's final chapter.
This chapter gives the development team closure and gives you guys a (more) solid leak engine to toy around with.

Go nuts guys, this one's on us!

Some videos:

Top  Profile