BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 1d, 12h, 1m | CPU: 35% | MEM: 6076MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 26  Next
 PostPost subject: Re: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:47 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS/2 Warp 4 (14.098b_W4)
Wow, all these small college desks, don't know how I would survive with a desk that small since a 6'x6' corner desk is too small for me.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:21 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
OSX 10.4.11 8S165
compgeke wrote:
Wow, all these small college desks, don't know how I would survive with a desk that small since a 6'x6' corner desk is too small for me.

6'x6'!!? that shed (which my desk is in) is only 8'x6' (and the one before it was 4'x6') if you can have a 6'x6' desk i want your house.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:54 am 
Donator

My new semi - permanent desk:
The reason why its semi- permanent because I have to remove the seat and the laptop from the table, close the table, put the battery back, put the laptop on the safe corner, put the seat in the other room and close the desk so I can pull out my bed and sleep.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:43 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS/2 Warp 4 (14.098b_W4)
max1zzz wrote:
6'x6'!!? that shed (which my desk is in) is only 8'x6' (and the one before it was 4'x6') if you can have a 6'x6' desk i want your house.

That's in my workk area, I use a very small desk that's only 4' long in my room for there is no room in there since I have to share with my brother.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:13 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1 9600 x64
Update:
Cleaned the mess and rearranged stuff.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:54 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS/2 Warp 4 (14.098b_W4)
Gotta say, great sound system, you did the same thing as me (used a stereo it looks like).

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:16 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1 9600 x64
compgeke wrote:
Gotta say, great sound system, you did the same thing as me (used a stereo it looks like).

indeed, a stereo amplifier and speakers connected to my main pc.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:35 am 
Donator

At the moment, small. I will be extending it in to an L shaped thing using some left over wooden bench to make myself a lovely fold up laptop stand that will take my laptop and a 15" LCD.
That's a Samsung SM225MW there. (22")

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:43 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Debian
Not bad for being dug out of the trash :D
I've added onto it, this pic is about 6 months old, but you get the idea.
Photo taken with a combustable lemon.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:32 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
NT 5.0 1729

Yup, I got another monitor for free from a friend :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:36 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Whistler
Not exactly what you call my "Desk"; I move the Netbook between bedrooms, loungeroom and kitchen 'couple times a day. (My 3 old 19" LCDs that used to be hooked up to my Main are scattered throughout.)

Mostly gave up on computers :P

My Mark; Shall you RIP. 15/06/1960 - 11/04/2014

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1 9600 x64
That seems like a very uncomfortable position for using a laptop :?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:54 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 SP1 64bit
Messy atm

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:59 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Whistler
Pukkie201195 wrote:
That seems like a very uncomfortable position for using a laptop :?

Eheheh, true that. ^^

When not watching a show or movie, I usually delink the External Screen and use the Netbook normally.

My Mark; Shall you RIP. 15/06/1960 - 11/04/2014

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:30 am 
Donator

Fanculo (anche conosciuto come Quel Paese)
I recently moved my netbook.
Note : Only a part of the desktop is shown. The other parts are a huge mess.
2nd note : My desk is 2,34 m x 0,5 m.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:15 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
NT 5.0 1729
I changed it (Yes, again), and now I have more space =D

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:49 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
MS DOS 7.1
Been using my temporary computer due to motherboard failure, so this is my setup.

Yes, I do like Coca-Cola ^^

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:39 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Windows 10
I can't help but feel you like CocaCola :P

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:02 pm 
Donator

Fanculo (anche conosciuto come Quel Paese)
This is how my "desk" looks like.
TIP : Click in the image to see some descriptions of the items.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:45 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Andy wrote:
I can't help but feel you like CocaCola :P

or working there :P

posted Wed May 04, 2011 7:50 am

3 Days Later:

mrpijey: Microsoft Windows 8 (''Windows 8'' 6.2.7955) (Ultimate m2) (alt).rar

:P :P :P :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:53 am 
Donator

Well, I did a bit of re-arranging. I still need a bigger desk, I have computers scattered in various parts of the room. Also, XP :( Excuse the mess too, please.
Also, I removed those keycaps for a reason; they always got in the way when i was gaming.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:15 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
All Microsoft operating systems!
No offence, but if you don't like Windows XP, then why do you use it? Certainly, you could legally aquire a newer version of Windows, if your economic authority over yourself permits it.

If financial and/or economic implications are at stake, however, you could also download the latest pre-RTM release of the newer version of Windows (that is compatible with your system, that is), and convert that to a later Service Pack release of that particular Windows version (even following maxtorix's advice if necessary) - that's the one time in which I actually support those types of procedures - I only don't support them when people just want to evade Microsoft's marketing practices because they don't feel like purchasing something legally, as opposed to carrying out such procedures for a much more justified reason.

If you wanted to carry out a full blown upgrade to Windows 7, for example, I would suggest to install Windows Vista first, and then upgrade that to Windows 7.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:52 am 
Donator

FYI, I run a quad boot setup using XP, Debian, Vista and 8DP. I use XP because it's the only thing that FSX doesn't crash on.
Alternatively, you could scroll up and see me booted in NT6.2 on my old setup.
soulman wrote:
At the moment, small. I will be extending it in to an L shaped thing using some left over wooden bench to make myself a lovely fold up laptop stand that will take my laptop and a 15" LCD.
That's a Samsung SM225MW there. (22")

Also, I have a 10 PC license for 7 Ultimate. Just a pity I only use it on one machine at the moment.
Also, upgrading from Vista is a bad idea, doesn't do much good performance-wise.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:46 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
All Microsoft operating systems!
soulman wrote:
FYI, I run a quad boot setup using XP, Debian, Vista and 8DP. I use XP because it's the only thing that FSX doesn't crash on.
If you want (that is, if your system can handle it), you could use Windows XP mode on your Windows 8 installation, allowing you to run Windows XP seemlessly, almost as if the programs running within Windows XP were running within Windows 8 itself.

Also, no offence, but before anyone is confused, "8DP" obviously refers to "Windows 8 Developer Preview" (Build 8102, obviously, also, I myself was confused at first, until I figured it out).

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:16 pm 
Donator

I'm going to guess you don't know how bad FSX is before I say XP Mode is useless. Roll on Ms Flight I suppose. Also, virtualized Direct X is not fun.

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 26  Next