SQL and My Server

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
st.alfonzo
Donator

SQL and My Server

Post by st.alfonzo »

How would you implement SQL on a server?
I need some advice as I tried to do it myself, but couldn't figure out how.

Bender
Donator

Post by Bender »

Well first you need to install a SQL Server. I reccoment MySQL
Then you install a webserver, such as Apache

Then you are done.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; mimic; rv:9.3.2) Clecko/20120101 Classilla/CFM
"Stupid can opener! You killed my father, and now you've come back for me!"

stitch
Permanently Banned

Post by stitch »

Really to go among more than that, there's a few different SQL database engines out there (Access, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL, BerkelyDB, Oracle, Pervasive, SQLite), and some are servers and some are flatfiles.

The 2 most popular and really, only SQL Servers worth using are MS SQL and MySQL. Starters are better off using MySQL as it's GPL licensed and runs on Linux, BSD, and Win32/64.

MySQL can be called from PHP, Perl, ASP, ASPX, all which runs on IIS or Apache (ASP, ASPX win32 only). They can also be called from within standalone applications aswell.

When you want to get into more advanced features, MS SQL is really the way to go. The Stored Procedures, Views, and security is far superior to MySQL, and replication is a plus, among other things.