BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 26d, 4h, 21m | CPU: 52% | MEM: 5715MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: This is close to me, I'll post: School Shooting        Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:37 am 
Permanently Banned

Breaking News: NIU Shooting Save Email Print

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEKALB, Ill. (AP) -- Northern Illinois University officials say a gunman who opened fire on campus shot and killed himself this afternoon.

No other information about the gunman is available.

Student George Gaynor was in the class where the shooting took place. He told the school's student newspaper that the shooter was "a skinny white guy with a stocking cap on."

Kishwaukee Community Hospital says 13 victims have arrived, and earlier reported three to four had head wounds.

Two victims were being airlifted to Rockford Memorial Hospital, and two others with head injuries were expected at OSF St. Anthony Medical Center, also in Rockford.

The Chicago office of the FBI was sending agents to the scene.

The shooting took place around 3 p.m.

Classes have been canceled for tonight.

From NIU Website at 4:14 pm:

Campus police report that the immediate danger has passed. The gunman is no longer a threat. The DeKalb campus is closed tomorrow. Students can go to any residence hall for counseling.

Source: http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/15640122.html

Edit: The Streaming coverage is now back to 23 news weather. Link removed.

Last edited by stitch on Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:40 am 
FTP Access

I really hope the shooter burns. I wouldn't be suprised if his reason to kill/hurt innocent people would be for some stupid reason, like his girlfriend broke up with him, or he had a really hard test or kids made fun of him.

If he was truely mentally ill, then it's a tragedy that nobody found out before the shooting, but IMO, it still really doesn't justify his actions.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:25 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 SP1
Apparently, he was mentally unstable and recently stopped taking his meds, contributing to the cause of the shooting.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:08 pm 
FTP Access

Wow. I would feel pretty freaked out if a shooting was that close to me o__o

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]