BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 28d, 13h, 32m | CPU: 38% | MEM: 5990MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: To The New owner of Old-Computer        Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:10 am 
FTP Access

According to happydude it's Jeff, but anyway, good luck.

here are a few tips though. First of all, if you need a forum DB, I have one from right before I left. It was before all the "Who Runs OC" crap happened. I'll send it to you if you want.

Second, I recommend doing what BA does for servers. It was hard for Mark and I to get a server, we tried hard and we tried our best, hopefully you'll have better luck.

Third, the wiki was our biggest selling point. A lot of people read it, so I'll help recreate it if you want.

So to you, the person who'll hopefully save OC, and prove what I said, it will NOT die, I salute you.

-Zach

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:15 am 
Donator

It is Jeff who got it, and while I do have forum DB's... it may be better if OC gets a fresh start (not trying to start an argument zSS9393)

edit: it was only the domain that was sold

2nd edit: its his choice to do what he wants with the site

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:48 pm 
Permanently Banned

If you talk trash about it on your website why do you even care?

OMG WHAT A GREAT QUESTION!!!!!

Anyway, Jeff: Don't bother working with this nugget.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:59 pm 
Donator

Well if we want to go into how ZSS9393 hates Old-Computer... ill do it later.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:01 am 
Donator

OK, there's no reason to start an argument here. I'm gonna start out fresh, so hopefully this is settled. :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:19 am 
FTP Access

Jeff wrote:
OK, there's no reason to start an argument here. I'm gonna start out fresh, so hopefully this is settled. :)

Okay, that's good. I'll help with the downloads though. Once OC's up, Next time I'm at the library, I'll upload some of my old files. i.e. Windows 95, 98, 3.1, MacOS 7 if I can find it.

Chris, I didn't like OC because you and happydude ran it, when clearly you just wanted it to 1up me. However, I think I 1upped you, because I had OC running at one point, you never did anything for it. The tracker didn't even work.

-Zach

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:09 am 
Donator

ZSS9393 no one cares. No im not jealous etc (hell the original couldnt even stay online)

Also not every site has to be ABW, jesus christ.

edit: oh, and all this stuff is on BA's server anyway

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:03 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Whistler
Why can't other AB sites just co-exist with each other and help out? This is very sad for the Abandonware Community and gives us a bad name.

Please stop acting like children and consider others for a change, I have been in the AW scene since 2001 and know the ropes and have seen all the childish acts before and it just leads to rejection and site closure.

The very moment I brought my Site online early this month it was a success, why? Because I provided a clean simple layout without the blin bling and crap site that early generations seem to supply.

Just grow up and help each other out instead of petty childish fighting.

My Mark; Shall you RIP. 15/06/1960 - 11/04/2014

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:59 pm 
Permanently Banned

Alexsis wrote:
Why can't other AB sites just co-exist with each other and help out? This is very sad for the Abandonware Community and gives us a bad name.

Please stop acting like children and consider others for a change, I have been in the AW scene since 2001 and know the ropes and have seen all the childish acts before and it just leads to rejection and site closure.

The very moment I brought my Site online early this month it was a success, why? Because I provided a clean simple layout without the blin bling and crap site that early generations seem to supply.

Just grow up and help each other out instead of petty childish fighting.

Good point. I transfered the domain, hence I want /nothing/ to do with the site anymore. If ZSS9393993939393993 wants another pointless site to shove his [cs] into, feel free. I allready have two sites that recieve high google ratings.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:01 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Zimmy wrote:
I allready have two sites that recieve high google ratings.

[offtopic]

Can I just point out that Google ratings have nothing to do with how good a site is. They simply display how much the site is linked to and talked about on the web, nothing more. The longer the site exists, the higher the google page rating.

[/offtopic]

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:15 pm 
FTP Access

Alexsis has a very valid point. Why make a site big, hard to manage? This is the reason Abandoned died. I shoved all the work on someone else because i didn't have the expertise to do it myself. I've had a look at Alexisis' site and realize what i did wrong. His was simple, to the point, and didn't have a lot of flashy [censored] to distract from the real point of the site.

People that start AW sites like this generally have the same content as everyone else and really don't have anything special to them.

If you really cared about AW, and what it is and always has been, you'd be helping out other sites find hard to find pieces of software instead of bullshitting your way around running a site like old-computer.

This kiddy little fighting needs to end.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:59 pm 
Donator

Could a mod lock this topic (even though i didn't start it, I do own this domain and I would like the fighting to stop.)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:08 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Mac OS 9.2.2
~Locked~

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]