BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 3d, 14h, 43m | CPU: 55% | MEM: 3104MB of 4443MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: Windows Vista - Hibernation followed by sleep        Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:54 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
So, here's the problem. I built myself up a wonderful new computer built around the P35 chipset DP35DP with the new E8400. Fantastic machine, definitely a great speed boost over my 2.4 Northwood. I've applied the new BIOS update so I can get the most out of my new system, so that *shouldn't* be an issue here.

But I do have a slight problem. When I click on the sleep button for it to go to sleep, I've found that it hibernates - and after I turn it back on, only then will it sleep.

I've checked the preferences, hibernation is set as off completely. Anybody have any experience with a setup similar to mine? Any comments, suggestions, etc. is greatly appreciated! =)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:52 am 
FTP Access

turn off hybrid sleep

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:10 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
Thanks for the suggestion, but after turning off Hybrid Sleep, the computer will go to sleep, but when I click to wake it up, the computer's fans will actually go back on, but the screen won't.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:56 am 
your original problem was hybrid sleep, but now youre getting some seriously power problems if your computer get get out of sleep succesfully, this might have to do with motherboard drivers, or a Vista glitch..or maybe something else.
My recommendation, and i know this sounds retarded...and it probably is but ill say it anyway: Vista SP1. Why? Cause on the two machines i've tried it on, its been spot on perfect in solving all the random glitches and crashes i used to have.

You can obtain it from all the usual suspects..

Good luck and have fun with your sweet box.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:49 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
Same problem with Windows Vista SP1 - first thing I realized I should try after making this post, actually. My motherboard / chipset drivers have also been updated to the ones Intel recommended me install, with the problem persisting.

If only it wasn't too late to submit bugs to Connect, I'd have done that. Not this it would have mattered - I used to submit Sleep bugs all the time when Windows Vista was in beta with no luck. Most of the time they wouldn't even respond to the reports.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:49 am 
FTP Access

I think there's a BIOS setting that allows you to change suspend mode or something, make sure it is set to S3 (Suspend to RAM)

Top  Profile