Memphis Timebomb?

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Chicago
FTP Access

Memphis Timebomb?

Post by Chicago »

Hi!!
I've just installed Memphis, and wanted to know if it has any timebomb and how to remove it. (i set my BIOS date to 1995 before setup to make sure no surprises come up)
Thanks

WinPC

Post by WinPC »

First, if you don't already have one, create a Windows 95 OSR2 Boot Disk. Then, install Memphis. When Memphis Setup reboots your PC, make sure that the Windows 95 OSR2 Boot Disk is inserted in the floppy disk drive. Your system will now boot from Drive A. At the command prompt, type sys C:. Then, remove the floppy disk and reboot your PC. Memphis Setup should now continue.

Chicago
FTP Access

Post by Chicago »

Wel;, I've already set it up correctly, and it's working, but the date is 1995, so i'd like to know how can I safely set the right time!
Thanks!

merty
FTP Access

Post by merty »

Well if you want to be on the safe side of things there is a Memphis BETA Time Crack which cracks the timebomb.

Edit: Actually i just checked it out and Sys C: which WinPC mentioned cracks the timebomb too.

Chicago
FTP Access

Post by Chicago »

where can I get it?
Can someone upload it for me please?

merty
FTP Access

Post by merty »

Should be on the FTP