BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 9d, 2h, 4m | CPU: 64% | MEM: 1893MB of 4271MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Getting an iPod Touch tomorrow.        Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:19 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 SP1
To begin, I'll admit, this will be my very first digital music player of any kind. Considering what generation I hail from (Generation Y), it's perhaps a bit overdue. (From the statistics I read, roughly 64% of people my age have a digital music player of some kind.)

I had also considered a Zune, but however, given that the iPod Touch is quite feature rich and also has quite a reputation for having large amounts of user-made applications (through jailbreaking) available, I have shifted towards it.

Now, recently, since Apple has announced its $20 January Software Update for the iPod Touch, the price of iPod Touches at local retailers has temporarily dropped to around $280 for the 8GB version, or $380 for the 16GB version. I plan to buy the 8GB version, as my music collection is quite small (at around 550 songs, or roughly 3GB.)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:23 pm 
FTP Access

Yeah, my music collection is roughly 5MB (please, no collection size replies!), and I believe an iPod nano or iPod Touch is probably best for you. I don't need an 80GB iPod Classic purely because of this reason. I have a 2G original iPod nano and I have RockBox on it (Linux-like replacement for the iPod GUI) and the newer iPods don't support it. So it gives me a new experience every time I use my Portable device.

Either way you go, the iPod Touch and iPhone will be the next-gen products everyone will start moving towards, once the prices continue to go down of course. :) For my graduation, I plan on getting the iPod Touch, so I kinda can't wait.

Since January 2005, I've been in the Operating Systems Prototype Community. I've enjoyed learning more these past four years about the development of the Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as learning of new user-based projects that optimize system performance.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:35 am 
Permanently Banned

I'm one to carry a laptop around everywhere. It's just how I am. I have to do work pretty much everywhere I go so ofcourse I have all my music on here.

But either way, I congratulate you on your newest aquisition and I hope you enjoy it. While I don't agree with Apple's decision regarding Applications it is a great device none the less.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:46 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn
Ive got one, 16gb with the new apps

mail,weather,stock amazing

a must only £12.99

only problem is that I lost all my music as it had tr be synced to get them on and I usually manually manage my music.

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]