Help with bios

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
AviK
FTP Access

Help with bios

Post by AviK »

Is there any way to install awardbios on a simple laptop. My asus laptop does not have any function to change the bios date and time

Namronia

Re: Help with bios

Post by Namronia »

AviK wrote:Is there any way to install awardbios on a simple laptop. My asus laptop does not have any function to change the bios date and time
lol? do it with windows, there you can change with doubleclicking on time in taskbar. if not... there is a possibilite for sure, but you cannot install another bios on your mainboard, if its so important, buy a new mainboard

AviK
FTP Access

Post by AviK »

What about changing the bios time on a computer without awardbios. I need to change the bios time not the time which is on the taskbar.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

AviK wrote:What about changing the bios time on a computer without awardbios. I need to change the bios time not the time which is on the taskbar.
Go into the BIOS setup (there's a hotkey you need to press during POST, usually it's shown on the screen, on my Asus notebook it's [F2]) and change date and time accordingly. Every BIOS has such options. Or are you talking of something else altogether?
Last edited by empireum on Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unknown

Post by Unknown »

AviK wrote:What about changing the bios time on a computer without awardbios. I need to change the bios time not the time which is on the taskbar.
Changing the time within an operating system will also change the time in the bios \ cmos.

AviK
FTP Access

Post by AviK »

Done. Thanks for the information empireum