Featuring Chicago 73f and others in VMware Workstation 11 without any problems.
That doesn't mean it is for Vmware only...
1. What's the goal of this project ?
2. This are the current limitations of the project and will be fixed later
3. What is already fully implemented ?
4. What's planned ?
5. List of Identified bugs in V5
6. List of "rumors" this project has already broke
7. Downloads (Supported Releases)
8. Old Versions
9. Change log
10. Example of an installation of Windows installed by WDPSL
11. Q & A
What's the goal of this project ?
- Fixing Non-WIM Based Setups by automating the process to fix them.
DP : Disk Preparer : Automatically format the hard drive using the correct filesystem.
SL : Setup Launcher : Automatically find and launch Windows Setup Correctly using the best method and the correct arguments
The project will be a boot floppy, kept as light as possible, including all fixes for :
Also Included is a Windows Setup Path Detector, by example if your windows setup is placed in this path :
D:\WINDOWSNT5\BUILD1515\NOTi386\ instead of D:\i386\ it will work.
Also fixes are Future Proof : If a new build (which has not leaked when I last updated the script) pops up and the setup is not dramasticaly different from another build, It will work and install correctly. This is done by detecting key files to detect the type of setup which is on the media and apply fixes only for this type of setup. The only exception in this case will be the NT OS/2 early releases, as they need a proper configured registry hive in order for the account system to work.
SmartDrive also auto-load, providing you a better setup experience with a setup speed increased by 50%.
- Setup cannot create multiple partitions
Setup cannot fix floppy setups.
Some chicago builds give an error about config.sys and autoexec.bat
Setup is not able to load Windows Setup if multiple windows builds are on the same DVD with Auto Mode. (Won't Fix) (I'm looking at you build 222 Multilingual)
- Full support for winnt.exe setups.
- Full support for 9x setups.
- Full support for NT OS/2 setups.
- Automatically detecting if the Windows DVD contains an 9x version of Windows or Windows NT.
- Chicago build 122 does seems to hang at boot for a while, this needs to be investigated.
- Early Chicago builds cannot be installed in newer vmware without using 4.x compatibility mode
Early Chicago builds cannot be installed from an MS-DOS newer than 5 or 6
- Please report bugs for 9x based configurations including build number here and not at the url shown in the floppy. This will be fixed in a later release.
Change log :
Code: Select all
V1 - Initial Release V2 - ADDED : Second installation method V3 - ADDED : Auto windows setup detection in case of non-original setup media. FIXED : Windows Setup did not find the Correct Setup folders. FIXED : Some versions of Windows Setup did not recognize the /b switch V4 - FIXED : SmartDrive Support V5 Build 13 - ADDED : Experimental 9x Support V5 Build 14 - FIXED : FAT32 partition is used instead of FAT16 for Win9x V5 Build 15 - ADDED : Chicago build 73f, 73g and 81 support, enjoy :) V5 Build 16 - ADDED : Chicago build 58s support V5 Build 16a - FIXED : Some errors in script V5 Build 17 - ADDED : build 116 support. V5 Build 17a - FIXED : Links and the start of improving the ui. V5 Build 17b - FIXED : UI V5 Build 17c - FIXED : More UI Components - ADDED : DOS Prompt Mode V5 Build 17d - FIXED : More UI Components - Take 2 - ADDED : Unattended file support. V5 Build 17e - FIXED : Typos V5 Build 17f - ADDED : Upgrade Workaround (Thanks Lukas Marsik and AlphaBeta for the tip !) - ADDED : Setup Scandisk detector, should prevent the annoying press ESC screen V5 Build 17g - FIXED : Chicago type with trans.bat setups, setups not recognizing the /is switch and Setup not able to load setups from root dir. V7 Build 19 - Complete rewrite Added Unfinished Unattended Mode Reduced loading time Better setup detection NEW: NT OS/2 Support NEW: DOSLFN Support NEW: CD-ROM with Joilet and/or LFN Support NEW: Pentium Patch applier NEW: Auto Direct Disk Access Enabler NEW: DOSKey Support - Enhanced Command Prompt NEW: JO.SYS - Auto detection of disk partitions NEW: Fix for NT OS/2 SDKs
Chicago build 122 (Non Bootable) installed in Vmware
Chicago build 73g (Non Bootable) installed in Vmware Workstation 11 without manual fixes applied.
- As you can see the drive has the WDPSL Label, showing that it has been installed with WDPSL using the Win9x Mode.
- Q: Why focusing on chicago support only on v5 while you have me, 98 and nashville ?
A: Because Chicago includes the beginning of what I call the 9x Setup and it changes in every early builds, once all builds installs fine, I'm sure Me 98 and Nashville will install correctly too.