BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 6d, 0h, 26m | CPU: 27% | MEM: 2283MB of 4479MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: What a way to end Christmas day        Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:22 pm 
Staff

My mum just came up and told me my Grandma has died this evening. She was suffering from from Motor Neurone Disease (what stephen hawking has)which basically kills you off slowly.

It started about Feb 06 when she started to lose the use of her hands and both hands were lost by oct last year. Her legs started to go at the start of this year then we built on extension onto our house so we could care for her as she kept falling down the stairs.
She was wheelchair bound around May-June as she couldn't walk anymore. She was losing her speech as well by this time and it got harder for me and my family to understand what she was actually saying which gave us some laughs.

Less than a week ago my mum told me she had an appointment at the hospital for tests on her breathing as she was having problems. I knew then the end was near without anyone saying anything. She was making like grunts for breathing noises and sort of whimpering noises.
They started to give her a sedative early morning yesterday (25th, 26th here now) to ease the pain for her. I noticed about 8pm she had stopped making any noise, so I thought good she must be in much less pain now. Obviously so lol.

I don't feel like crying, I'm happy its over for her. She never moaned, she kept her spirits up and was always herself, it didn't make her go crazy in the head.

Thanks for reading this if you got this far.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:52 pm 
Donator

Atleast she made it to Christmas.

edit: btw, how old is she?

Last edited by XDude on Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:56 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Neptune/Whistler2419/Linux Mint
just try and be there for your parents, they might need your help.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:48 pm 
Staff

Yeah I am helping.
She was 73, she had a muscle wasting disease with just slowly or sometimes quickly ends you.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:31 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Sorry for your loss. A friend of mine lost their auntie almost the same way, she died slowly, but she wasn't in pain. As above, be there for your parents, and most of all, be strong.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:49 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro x64
Sorry to hear that :cry: :( :( :(
You must be strong to post it :o

I-i-it's n-not as if I wanted to ban you or anything. B-baka. (「・ω・)「

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:05 am 
Donator

I can only say I'm very sorry for your loss. I lost one of my grandmas in a similar way back in 1995 – she died slowly and obviously in great agony. Remember to be strong and be there for your parents, and the most important thing is (what kept me going on when I lost my grandma who I loved very much): The pain and agony is over for her. She is finally free from all she's been going through.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:54 pm 
Donator

Sorry for your loss.

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]