Any one want rid of any old machines ??

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
azznetz

Any one want rid of any old machines ??

Post by azznetz »

Hi guys, if theres any body trying to get rid of an old machine 100mhz - 500mhz for free or for cash let me know as i need a old machine to do dhcp, routing and so on thanks

atomcomputer
FTP Access

Post by atomcomputer »

Hello,
Postage is too expensive !
Where are you ? I think it's better for you to have a look on buisness trash or asking neighbors
"Do the best, with the less" ;-)

intellivision
FTP Access

Post by intellivision »

if you have one of those council cleanup days where everybody dumps their old trash out the front of their house for collection have a dig around. Many comps get thrown out in this way cause their too old.
Time can never catch up with me, Zeno proved it.

Apache
Donator

Post by Apache »

Try asking at your local PC repair shop, they are always throwing out old computers and i'm sure they wouldn't mind you taking a few off their hands
|3e|\|

The Number One HTTP Server On The Internet

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Apache wrote:Try asking at your local PC repair shop, they are always throwing out old computers and i'm sure they wouldn't mind you taking a few off their hands
Thats true since it costs them to dispose of. You can't just throw circuit boards in the normal rubbish bins now. Its against the law due to all the recycling stuff you now have to do.

Apache
Donator

Post by Apache »

Andy wrote:Thats true since it costs them to dispose of. You can't just throw circuit boards in the normal rubbish bins now...
All because of the WEEE directive
|3e|\|

The Number One HTTP Server On The Internet

fzajac
Donator

Post by fzajac »

Andy wrote:You can't just throw circuit boards in the normal rubbish bins now. Its against the law due to all the recycling stuff you now have to do.
A priest i know found a legal and unpacked (so propably never used) Windows NT 4 workstation and a working monitor and CD-ROM in a rubbish bin in Munic (south Germany) half year ago...

happy dude
Donator

Post by happy dude »

At least he wont be going to hell for using a pirated copy of Windows now LOL