BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 4d, 4h, 27m | CPU: 18% | MEM: 2269MB of 3717MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ] 

Are you offended by christmas decorations
Yes 11%  11%  [ 4 ]
No 35%  35%  [ 13 ]
I celebrate Christmas 54%  54%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 37
 PostPost subject: If you don't celebrate christmas, are you offended by...        Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:58 am 
Staff

By decorations?
Vote.

Last edited by Beta Freak on Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:10 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro x64
No.
My light rival blackpool's :P
But i do have loads of light wired to the power.

I-i-it's n-not as if I wanted to ban you or anything. B-baka. (「・ω・)「

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:42 pm 
Donator

Christmas is my favourite time of year and i already have my crimbo decs up

The Number One HTTP Server On The Internet

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:27 pm 
Donator

Even though I celebrate Christmas, I would not be offended by decorations (Other religous holiday decorations dont bother me at all)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:49 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Neptune/Whistler2419/Linux Mint
im more offened by the amount of money wasted on christmas decorations!, send the money to a poor kid instead and enjoy the feeling of helping someone else.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:18 pm 
Staff

Out of interest, who voted Yes?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:18 pm 
Donator

Me.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:36 pm 
Donator

who else voted yes then?

The Number One HTTP Server On The Internet

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:37 pm 
Staff

empireum wrote:
Me.

Thank you for admitting it. :D (not saying its a bad thing tho)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:54 pm 
FTP Access

empireum wrote:
Me.

Do you not celebrate Christmas then? (or are you saying that if you didn't, then you would be offended?) I know you're not religious, but neither am I and everyone seems to still takes part in Christmas to the extent of having decorations, presents etc, as it's not really a Christian festival any more as far as I can see, it seems to be something everyone celebrates and that now has very few Christian themes for the majority of people.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:59 pm 
Donator

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:
empireum wrote:
Me.

Do you not celebrate Christmas then? (or are you saying that if you didn't, then you would be offended?) I know you're not religious, but neither am I and everyone seems to still takes part in Christmas to the extent of having decorations, presents etc, as it's not really a Christian festival any more as far as I can see, it seems to be something everyone celebrates and that now has very few Christian themes for the majority of people.

I do get presents (and also usually give some to my parents and close friends), but we (my parents & me) don't have any decorations at all anymore, let alone a Christmas tree. But I'm afraid we don't really celebrate Christmas either, i.e. we have no fancy meal and stuff like that. Presents exchange and that's it pretty much.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:10 pm 
FTP Access

Christmas is my favorite time of the year. First, because I would always get a cool present, but then I realized that presents don't really matter. For me it's a time that I can get off from school etc., to slow down and to celebrate Christ (It's Christmas after all). I put up some lights, but I don't care if anyone is offended because it's my property and I can choose what I want to do on it.

:)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:14 pm 
FTP Access

empireum wrote:
But I'm afraid we don't really celebrate Christmas either, i.e. we have no fancy meal and stuff like that.

Nothing to be afraid about! :) Just that personally I can't imagine not having a proper Christmas with the tree and the turkey and everything - I always enjoy it even though I'm not at all religious and we don't have any sort of Christian theme in what we do, so it's interesting to hear from people that don't do all that.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:12 am 
Donator

I'm not offended by any decorations for any religious holiday, or religious event for that matter, unless they're 'hate' things (you do know what I mean).

We decorate our house mostly for my little cousin these days (who lives with us). Basically decorations, tree, presents, Christmas lunch + dinner. Thats it.

Related: was a bit offended today on my last day of school for the year, we had Kriskringle (where someone buys a present for someone etc) where I found out the person who had me didnt get me a gift cause they didnt like me. Typical 8-)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:04 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
HP keystroke RPL
Yes I get horrible offended every time I see xmas decorations.
In fact the last time someone said merry christmas to me I punched him in the face and yelled "IT'S HOLIDAYS, BITCH!".

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:57 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
IRIX 6.5.22
My family celebrates Christmas and always has. I look at it as a day or two off work plus presents. If you are in the academic field then it's more like a week or two of free time. Even if you don't believe or celebrate Christmas why turn down the vacation? That's my view.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:22 pm 
FTP Access

My family celebrates Christmas... decorations, meals, and all. I am not that big on getting and receiving presents though. I feel that if you know of something you want, go and get it. Christmas vacation is nice, because I work in a NOC, and while most people get time off... I get overtime. I worked last year on Christmas eve and day and got 2.5x pay for both days. I also worked on New Years day, which was another 2.5x pay day. The last week of December is hell to work but you can't beat getting an extra week of pay for no effort.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:08 am 
Donator

longview wrote:
In fact the last time someone said merry christmas to me I punched him in the face and yelled "IT'S HOLIDAYS, BITCH!".

If I may ask, what is the reason for your insistence over being 'politically correct'?

I'm not offended in any way by Christmas decorations. IMO everyone should be able to celebrate whatever traditions they want, as they see fit (as long as they don't harm anyone in the process, of course).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:24 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
ppc_digger wrote:
longview wrote:

If I may ask, what is the reason for your insistence over being 'politically correct'?

I'm not offended in any way by Christmas decorations. IMO everyone should be able to celebrate whatever traditions they want, as they see fit (as long as they don't harm anyone in the process, of course).

I think it might have been sarcasm ;)

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]