Problem with PC + TP-Link TL-WN651G Wireless Adaptor

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
happy dude
Donator

Problem with PC + TP-Link TL-WN651G Wireless Adaptor

Post by happy dude »

OK, well I have an old 233MHz PC lying around, and wanted to make it a downloading computer, which I did. I placed my TP-Link TL-WN651G Wireless Adaptor in it from my PC as I don't use it much. Except I now have a problem, it seems its not being powered by the PC.

I put it in another PCI slot to no avail. I'm really confused why its not powering up - any ideas? It's not the PSU.

happy dude
Donator

Post by happy dude »

Noone?

/me patiently waits

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Hmm... Can you describe more precisely what happens? Does it not work at all? Is it recognized in the device listing the BIOS prints just before booting?

happy dude
Donator

Post by happy dude »

empireum wrote:Is it recognized in the device listing the BIOS prints just before booting?
What do you mean by that?
Basically, there's no power going to it. It works in other PC's, I've tried it in other PCI slots to no avail. Again it is NOT the PSU.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

happy dude wrote:
empireum wrote:Is it recognized in the device listing the BIOS prints just before booting?
What do you mean by that?
Basically, there's no power going to it. It works in other PC's, I've tried it in other PCI slots to no avail. Again it is NOT the PSU.
When the system boots, just before passing over to the OS, it usually prints a device listing. That shows the type of device, the product and vendor ID and some other data. Is your wireless card recognized there (do you see an entry called "Network Controller" or something like that)?