Check Out Reactos Booting On A Xbox!

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
betaluva
Donator

Check Out Reactos Booting On A Xbox!

Post by betaluva »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOF0WBD3hLU oh and i have thank iD4rK for going to all the trouble of making this video : )

happy dude
Donator

Post by happy dude »

I actually think thats cool. ReactOS is basically a Linux clone of Windows...and has Wine Built in so most Windows Apps run... A Desktop in a console...interesting

betaluva
Donator

Post by betaluva »

yeah its going to be great when reactos is more complete, i should mention that the xbox is running a modifyed bios and also that reactos cant use the xbox controller so all you can do at the moment is boot reactos.

dionet
Donator

Post by dionet »

happy dude wrote:I actually think thats cool. ReactOS is basically a Linux clone of Windows...and has Wine Built in so most Windows Apps run... A Desktop in a console...interesting
Sorry, but I'm sure ReactOS is not Linux.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

dionet wrote:
happy dude wrote:I actually think thats cool. ReactOS is basically a Linux clone of Windows...and has Wine Built in so most Windows Apps run... A Desktop in a console...interesting
Sorry, but I'm sure ReactOS is not Linux.
Exactly. No Linux underpinnings, but maybe a bit of Wine code built-in. ReactOS is an attempt to create a NT-compatible operating system from scratch, not by using an existing OS as a base.

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

betaluva wrote:yeah its going to be great when reactos is more complete, i should mention that the xbox is running a modifyed bios and also that reactos cant use the xbox controller so all you can do at the moment is boot reactos.
the controller ports are just USB ports so you could just plug a keyboard in (if it supports USB, i have no idea)

betaluva
Donator

Post by betaluva »

the usb support on reactos is incomplete ( sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt) but the guys at reactos are working hard to fix that asap.

ppc_digger
Donator

Post by ppc_digger »

empireum wrote:Exactly. No Linux underpinnings, but maybe a bit of Wine code built-in. ReactOS is an attempt to create a NT-compatible operating system from scratch, not by using an existing OS as a base.
Actually, the two projects share just about every piece of code that can be used in both.

Frozenport
FTP Access
Location: The Ephemeral between existance and non-existance: AKA "being"

Post by Frozenport »

Although, they make a fairly big effort to share files (drivers). I think ReactOS is a unique system because it does opperations such as memory allocation different.
Part Time Troll - HPC Enthusiast - Spelling Master - Old Fart

flashstar
FTP Access

Post by flashstar »

This is nothing unusual. I've run DSL on an Xbox before. Yes the ports are usb 1.1 ports. Yes, you can put a bigger hard drive in. *Hint* Use auto installer deluxe. It is even possible to emulate N64 and DDR.

All done before.

Move on...