BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 9d, 6h, 2m | CPU: 37% | MEM: 2033MB of 5373MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Here goes...        Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:09 pm 
Permanently Banned

After the closing of WinBoards, and my part of the Staff and the Downloads manager, I have came to spend less and less time on forums, even before the WinBoards closing.

Computers are a tool. You do work on them. I work as a developer, and such to keep a bit of interest in it (which none of it is left anymore), I'm not pursuing a career in anything computer science related. I'm currently attending college for a career in Child Development. How odd for a young adult who has always been interested in computers and such sciences. Child development is helping with the development and learning of Special Education children. The only hobby I have really is the pansat reciever and dish, (which was the locked topic, I was going to state that I bought the stuff, only to come home to the topic locked). Those who know anything about FTA know what I can do with it ;).

You come to a point in your life where computers do not mean anything anymore, you usually use them for IM, Web Browsing, Research, Music, and Writing Papers (Yes, those extremely long papers they give you in college, none of that 2 page essay crap in HS). I still do development on Swift, but that's about it, and even that I'm neglecting (See the post Neglect on http://www.zimmy.ca)

My life is about schooling, 30hr/wk jobs, girlfriend, and hanging out with friends. That sums up my life right there. I'm at home like, probably 3 hours a day tops, not including when I sleep. You will also come down to the time where you have bills. Lots of them, and I'm not talking about server or web hosting bills, those are at the last of my priority.

Life changes, friends an colleges come and go, so does life and websites online. What I'm coming down to say is life on forums is like, worthless. You learn a lot and gain a lot of knowledge, and can be helpful for some of those who have time to kill. I do not have time to kill.

So therefore, I'm pretty much remaining inactive here.

Also, 2 more notes:

#1: Some people here, need not to be rude. Try being rude in the real world, it gets you nowhere. Those who are will know what I'm talking about.

#2: Those who have their forums in their sigs or make postings about it (I'm using this post for 3 diff. forums), don't expect it to be really popular. You will get nowhere. You learn how to setup phpBB and that's about it, which in life, is basically worthless.

--Z

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Here goes...        Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:53 pm 
Staff

Quote:
(See the post Neglect on http://www.zimmy.ca)

Uhh just so you know if you didn't already, your site got hacked.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:58 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Zimmy,

I for one respect both of the two notes you left 100%.

Also yes, your site did just get hacked. :(

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Here goes...        Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:56 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Mac OS 9.2.2
Zimmy wrote:
'm currently attending college for a career in Child Development. How odd for a young adult who has always been interested in computers and such sciences. Child development is helping with the development and learning of Special Education children.

--Z

I have great respect for you in this area, and I wish you the best in life

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:00 pm 
Permanently Banned

Yeah, real quick, reminder to ANYONE who has wordpress and hasn't suffered the massive attack

PATCH YOUR [censored]!

/me has no SQL backups

PS: I'm thinking of serving a subpoena to get information about this 13 year old kid.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:38 pm 
Staff

Anyway I didn't put in my previous post, good luck and sorry to see you leave.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:33 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows NT 4.0
Well Zimmy,

1. Good luck in life...

2. I got hacked once, deleted my whole DB (that's how I lost the old compact-mac.co.uk) and everything was gone, OC, and some other old sites. Again I had no Backup. I started again with Wordpress, i.e. the current site...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:44 pm 
Staff

I wonder if it was someone here, as obviously Zimmy has an idea as he knows the hacker is 13.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:04 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows NT 4.0
If he is here i would like to have a jolly old word with him involving a windows batch file and several ping commands.

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]